Beijing Lhasa and North Everest Base Camp - Tibet Tours
About the Tibet Trip
After arriving in Beijing, you will have 3 days time to explore and continue to the beautiful destination a Tibetan plateau land with Lhasa as its capital. Lhasa placed with the altitude of 3,597 Mts. is the second highest capital in the globe after La Paz, Bolivia (3,660 Mts.). which has One of the most magnificent Royal Palaces anywhere in the world - the Potala Palace former palace of the Dalai Lamas, is built on top of a rocky hill in 1645 and has over 1000 rooms, 10,000 shrines and 2,00,000 religious statues. During the tour you will be able to explore Mt. Everest Base Ccamp, many monastries and amazing landscape.
Day 01: Arrival to Beijing
You will arrive Beijing. After arrival at the Beijing airport, our guide will meet and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Beijing Sightseeing
After breakfast in the hotel sightseeing of Beijing including below.
Tian an Men Square.Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Tricycle tour in Hutong, Heritage Residence Tour, Drum Tower and Yan Dai Street.
Tian An Men Square Tiananmen Square is the geographical center of Beijing City. It is the largest city square in the world, occupying an area of 440,000 square meters (about 109 acres), and able to accommodate 10,000,000 people at one time. The square is a conglomeration of splendid and beautiful flowers and the red national flag which flutters in the wind. The raising of the national flag is something which should not be missed by visitors to Tiananmen Square.
Forbidden City The Forbidden City or Forbidden Palace is located at the exact center of the ancient city of Beijing, was the imperial palace during the mid-Ming and the Qing Dynasties. Known now as the Palace Museum, its extensive grounds cover 720,000 square meters, 800 buildings and more than 8,000 rooms. The Forbidden City has the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world, and was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987 as the "Imperial Palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties".
Temple Of Heaven The Temple of Heaven is situated in the southern part of Beijing, about 6 Km away from the center of the city. Traditionally, this temple was for imperial use only. It was built in 1420, covering an area of 273 hectares, it is the one of the largest parks in Beijing. The Temple of Heaven was the place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties worshipped heaven and prayed for good harvests.
Tricycle tour on Hutong Hu Tong is the traditional residence of very early Beijing. Later many Hutong has been destroyed and some have altered into small business premises. You will take ride through these Hutong
Heritage Residence Tour Same as above with different meanings.
Drum Tower The bell and drum were originally used as musical instruments in China. Afterward, however, they were used for telling time. As early as in the Han Dynasty (206 BC-220), there was 'a morning bell and a dusk drum'. Telling the time by bell and drum played an important role in helping people live and work regularly when there was no other means to keep track of the time. As a result, bell and drum towers became public architectures, and were widely constructed in almost every city throughout the country since the Han Dynasty.
Yan Dai Street Yan Dai Street located behind the famous Hou Hai. It has many local traditional shops.
Day 03: Sightseeing of Badaling Great wall and Ding’s Tomb
Full day sightseeing in Beijing at below.
Badaling Great wall Badaling Great Wall is situated about 10km further north of JuYongGuan Great Wall. They are both sited on the same natural pass through the mountains to the north of Beijing and hence a critical point of defense. Although popular, Badaling is a good introduction to the Great Wall. Authentically reconstructed, Badaling shows the Great Wall as it would have looked originally, and it does not look too new. Badaling Great Wall stretches for 4.8 km along rolling mountains and has 19 strategically located watchtowers.
Ding’s Tomb The resting place for one of the 13 tombs of the 16 Ming Dyasty emperors. The 1st, 2nd, and 7th emperors are buried in different locations. This site was chosen for its location and its auspicious feng shui.
Day 04: Beijing - Lhasa
Take the flight Beijing-Lhasa at Beijing Capital airport, arrive at Lhasa Gonggar airport which is at an elevation of 3000 meters, drive to Lhasa urban, en route visit Brahmaputra valley, Buddha Sculpture made in 11th century and Tibetan village etc. during the drive to Lhasa, then check in the Hotel, free and have a rest in the afternoon. Dinner by yourself. (No tour guide service whole day except the Tibetan guide will pick you up at Lhasa airport, avoid extreme physical activities.)
Day 05: Potala & Jokhang Monastery
Full day guided sightseeing, visit Potala Palace, Jokhang Monastery which famed as the holy place for Tibet Mandala, and souvenir shopping in Barkhor Street and photographing along Lhasa river side, later transfer to hotel.
Day 06: Lhasa-Yangparchen-Lhasa
Drive from Lhasa to Yangparchen, it is about 5 hours driving totally.Visit Yangparchen geothermal power plant, enjoy a hot spring(30-50RMB/person). After that, drive back to Lhasa and overnight in Lhasa.
Day 07: Lhasa - Yamdrok Yumtso Lake - Shigatse ( approx 380 km, with 200 km bad road)
Morning, drive to Shigatse along the south approach, en route visit Mt. Gangbala, Yamdrok Yumtso Lake, and Shigatse plain, then drive to Shigatse urban. overnight in Shigatse.
Day 08: Shigatse - Lhatse - Dhingri (Xiegeer Town)- Mt. Everest Nature Reserve (Rhongbuk monastery)
After breakfast, drive to Xiegeer Town by TOYOTA 4WD vehicle by the way of Lhatse, cross the Gyamtso La pass of 5200m, the continue driving to Mt. Everest Nature Reserve from Xiegeer Town, visit the Rongbuk Monastery located at the north face of Mt. Everest, and at an elevation of 5100m. it is the highest monastery in the world, only 20kms to the summit. See the spectacular view of Mt. Everest, visit the Base Camp, overnight in Rongbuk Monastery hostel. (multi-people room, no in-room water closet, sleeping bag is recommended)
Note: The meal, accommodation and road are not good, only 4WD vehicle or trekking can do.
Day 09: Rongbuk Monastery - Dhingri -Shigatse
Get up early and see the sunrise at Mt. Everest, drive back to shigatse via Dhingri, overnight in Lhasa.
Day 10: Shigatse-Lhasa
Visit the settlement of Panchen Lama - Tashilhunpo Monastery or take a photo outside of the monastery. There is a Tibetan picnic called lingka nearby,drive back to Lhasa after the sightseeing of the monastery .Overnight: Lhasa.
Day 11: Lhasa- to next Destination- Kathmandu or Beijing
Land cost will be charged in USD Per Person and it covers the services mentioned below, for price please Ask Us Now, and please mention the standard of hotel which you want to use.
- Accommodation on twin sharing in Beijing and and Tibet
- Daily breakfast in the hotels.
- All ground transfers and sightseeing by a private Vehicle, by land Cruiser in Tibet and by car in Beijing.
- English speaking local Tibetan guide.
- Sightseeing admission fees.
- All necessary permits.
Cost does not Include
- Meals other than indicated
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tipping, laundry, phone etc
- Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events such as flight delay, cancellation, trip interruption due to inclement weather, civil unrest etc
- Emergency medical transportation.
- International airfares
- Flights into Beijing and Out from Lhasa
Thanks so much. It has been a wonderful trip and you have done a great job organizing everything, including making all the changes to ensure that we had a most memorable vacation. Both guides were great. We enjoyed our time with Sajan in Bhutan and with Paras here in Nepal. They were both very knowledgeable, answering all our many questions, as well as being most pleasant to spend time with.
Everything more than met our expectations. We will recommend you to all our friends. Let us know if your service ever expands to include other countries.
Linda and Bill Sheffield, Fort Thomas, Kentucky [Travelers's Email & Phone]
Himalayan Combined Tours
- Myanmar & Bhutan Tour 14 Days
- Tibet Bhutan & Burma Tour 18 Days
- Tibet and Bhutan Tour 12 Days
- India Bhutan & Burma Tour 18 Days
- Nepal Tibet Bhutan Tour 14 Days
- Himalaya Countries Tour 21 Days
- Bhutan Nepal Tours 13 days
- Nepal Tibet Tour 10 Days
- Nepal Tibet group tour 9 days
- India Nepal Tours 15 days
- India Bhutan Nepal Tour 19 days
- Tibet Nepal India Tours 14 days
- Nepal, Tibet O/L & Bhutan 16 Days
- Bangkok Bhutan Tour - 09 Days
- India Bhutan Tours 11 Days
- Nepal Darjeeling Sikkim Bhutan Tour
- Tibet Nepal Tour 13 Days
- Bhutan Nepal Tibet Tour 15 Days
- Beijing Tibet Everest Tour - 11 Days
- India Bhutan Nepal Tibet Tours
- China Tibet Bhutan Tour - 13 Days
- Srilanka India Nepal Tour - 22 Days
- Myanmar(Burma) Bhutan Nepal Tour - 19 Days
- Weather of Tibet, Nepal & Bhutan
- Nepal Weather Averages
- Shopping in Nepal
- Best Time to Visit Nepal
- Hire Guide & Porter in Nepal
- Why Trekking in Nepal
- Where is Kathmandu, Nepal
- Bhutan Festival Tours
- Bhutan Visa & Passport
- Bhutan Weather Averages
- Druk Airline Schedule Information
- India Weather Averages
- Tibet Weather Averages
- High Altitude Sickness in Tibet
- How to Get Tibet and Away?
- Passport and Visa for Tibet
Single Country Tour Package
- Nepal Tours 8 Days
- Bhutan Tours 8 Days
- Tibet Tours 8 Days
- Kathmandu Tours 01 - 05 Days
- VVIP / VIP / CIP Tours in Nepal
- Everest Base Camp 4WD Tour from Tibet Side 7 Days
- Everest base camp Trek 18 Days
- Luxury Tour Package in Nepal
- Honeymoon Tours Nepal
- Bhutan Tour - Ura Yakchoe Festival
- Bhutan West to East Travel
- Glimpse of the Dragon Kingdom
- Paro Festival Tours
- Punakha Festival Tour
- Thimphu Festival Tour
- Singapore - Bhutan - Singapore Tour
- EBC Overland Adventure from Tibet
- Explore Central Tibet
- Overland to Everest Base Camp
- Tibet Overland Tour
- India Tours with Sikkim & Darjeeling
- India Tours with Tajmahal - 21 Days
- Golden Triangle with Khajuraho & Varanasi Tour - 10 Days
- India Tours with Rajasthan - 13 Days
- Nepal Luxury Trekking
- Deluxe Tours offer
- Luxury Holiday in Nepal
- Nepal Himalayan Experience