Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Trekking is for the person who wants to trek high in altitude, see the biggest mountain on earth and can handle this fairly cold climate which exists at almost any time of year at this altitude. Mt. Everest, otherwise known as Chomolungma (Tibetan, meaning Goddess Mother Mountain) and Sagarmatha (Nepali, meaning One Whose Forehead Touches the Sky), the highest mountain of the world is the ultimate dream of all trekkers and mountaineers. Here we have a especially designed this trip to bring you to Kalapattar-the best viewpoint and also the base camp. Everest Base Camp is certainly the most loved trekking destination of Nepal but in terms trekkers’ traffic is the second because of its accessibility.
After a breathtaking, 40 minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla in the Khumbu region, we land and have lunch at 9200 feet before beginning our trek to the Everest base camp. Along the way you will be inspired by awesome views of Mt Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhtose, and Nuptse.
Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Trekking is also popular because of Sherpa Villages and monasteries of Khumbu-the spectacular glacial valley below Everest. The Khumbu is surrounded by the mountains, including the isolated and magnificently chiseled Ama Dablam and double-summited Kangtega, whose great ice wall rears above famous Tengboche Monastery, the place you will treasure most on this trek. This wonderful Monastery, sits on a perfect saddle of land, providing full views of the mountains that await you. It is a magical spiritual place to explore. The other highlights of this trek is getting to know the friendly Sherpa people, visiting trailside tea houses, sipping home-made chang (beer made from barley) with new-found friends, and learning how Tibetan Buddhism influences every aspect of Sherpa life.
- A few days in Kathmandu sight-seeing opportunities of important Hindu & Buddhist temple complexes in and around Kathmandu.
- Flight to Lukla Village from Kathmandu to start the trek. The flight offers spectacular views of the Kathmandu Valley, then the Himalayan foothills, and then the great white-capped peaks through which we will be trekking.
- Hike through Sherpa villages along the Everest Base Camp trail, until we turn off the main trail to go up into the Gokyo area, which has astonishingly beautiful and rare mountain lakes.
- Visit Buddhist gompas (monasteries), and will have tea with the high Lama of Tengboche, the most revered Rimpoche of the Sherpa people.
- Hike up to Kalla Pattar and Everest Base Camp. The view from Kalla Pattar is probably the most famous view of the Everest Massif, and is breath-takingly majestic. Base Camp is a pretty cool place to visit for anyone interested in meeting big-time mountaineers and their climbing support teams.