Everest Base Camp Tour- 20 days Trip
• Tour Cost: USD 3399
• Group Size: 1+
• Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
• Highest Altitude: Gyantso La ( 5,220m/17,122 ft)
• Tour Grade: moderate to fairly challenging
• Activities: Cultural touring, visiting temples, monasteries etc , 4WD Jeep Safaris, Hikes and village visits, Jungle safari rides, Mountain Viewing, Cultural Programs
• Start & End Destination:: Start From Beijing Finish In Kathmandu
• Accommodation: Hotels & Resorts with your Budget
• Country of Tour: Kathmandu (Nepal) / Tibet (China)
Everest base camp Tour starts in Beijing. we will hand over your Tibet Travel permit in Beijing Hotel which you need before flying to Lhasa. Our Tibet Guide will wait at Lhasa airport. after exploring Lhasa and surrounding will continue to Everest base camp along the friendship high way. then will drive to Kathmandu, which the melting pot for many reason like culture, language, food, and many diversity.
our extended trip will continue to Chitwan national park and Pokhara valley. Chitwan is famous for wildlife like one horned Rhino, deer, tiger more. we have elephant safari to explore jungle. Inhabitant people of Chitwan are Tharus, so we have close proximity to learn about them.
China visa must bring from home. Nepal visa is available on arrival at border.
• Dalai Lamas’s Potala and Norbulingkha Palaces, Drepung -the largest and most powerful of the Gelug monasteries, Sera-one of the largest monasteries of
• Tibet, ancient Jorkhang Temple and Barkhor Street in old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa.
• Spectacular views of Himalayas and Tibetan plateau from Kamba La (15,700ft) and Karo La passes (16,500 ft).
• Yamdrok Tso-the turquoise green water lake.
• Kumbum Stupa and Pelkore Chode Monastery in Gyantse.
• Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery at Shigatse.
• Rongbuk Monastery-the center of religious activities of Everest region.
• Everest Base Camp North Face with unobstructed views of Mount Everest and other majestic peaks.
• Highest passes (Gyatso La, 5 220m), Lablung La (5, 124m) and Tong La (5, 120m) with great views.
• Tibetan villages.
• Dubar Squares, Temples, Monasteries and Buddhist Stupas of Kathmandu Valley.
• Jungle Safari rides in Chitwan National Park.
• Cave, gorge, lake and mountain viewing from Pokhara
Day 01: Arrive Beijing airport. Upon arrival at Beijing international airport, you are met by our representative and transferred to an airport hotel.
Day 02 Flight to Lhasa (Alt 3,595m/11,792ft) (B) Arrival in Gonkar Airport of Lhasa. You are met and greeted by our representative and drive to Lhasa City (60miles, 2 hrs). Check in hotel and take rest for the acclimatization. Accommodation in a middle range hotel in Barkhor Area.
Day 03: At Lhasa (B) Full day sightseeing of Lhasa, visiting Potala Palace of Dalai Lama, the ancient Jorkhang Temple in the old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa and the Barkhor Street that forms the pilgrim circuit around the Jorkhang Temple. Accommodation in a middle range hotel in Barkhor Area.
Day 04: At Lhasa (B) Today, you will visit Drepung Monastery-the largest, richest and the most powerful of the three major Yellow Sect monasteries of Tibet and the Sera Monastery-the last of the three Yellow Sect monasteries to be built in Lhasa. We will also attend the debating session of the monks. Accommodation in the middle range Dhud Gu or Kyichu or Gorkha Hotel Accommodation in a middle range hotel in Barkhor Area.
Day 05: Lhasa-Gyantse (13467ft, 176miles, 6 hrs). (B) Drive to Gyantse-the third largest city of Tibet, largely Tibetan in character.The journey involves crossing of two high passes Kamba La (15,700 ft) and Karo La (16,500ft) and the follows the bank of beautiful Yamdrok Tso Lake for more than 40 miles. Check in hotel and take rest for the day. Accommodation in Gyantse Hotel, the only hotel of the top end.
Day 06: Gyantse-Shigatse (12,785ft, 57miles, 2 hrs) (B) In the morning, visit the highlights of Gyantse such as Pelkor Chode Monastery and Kumbum Stupa-probably the landmark of Gyantse. Afternoon, drive to Shigatse-the second largest city of Tibet, previously the headquarter of Tsang region. About 20 km (12.5 miles) before Shigatse, we take Shalu Monastery turn off to visit the Shalu Monastery. At Shigatse, we visit Tashilunbo Monastery-the principal seat of Panchen Lama-the second most venerated religious leader of Tibet, after Dalai Lama. Time permitting, visit Shigatse’s free market. Accommodation in Shigatse hotel or Manasarovara Hotel
Day 07: Shigatse-Shegar (4050m/13500ft, 182km/121miles, 5 hrs) (B) Drive to Shegar, also known as New Tingri. The journey involves crossing of two high passes Tropu La (16,236 ft) and Gyatso La (17,122 ft). After some rest in the hotel, visit the ruins of historic Shegar Dzong, once the capital of Tingri region. Accommodation in Qomolongma Hotel of the top end.
Day 08: Xegar- Dza Rongbuk Monastery. (4980m/16,600ft, 63km/42miles, 2hrs) (B) We drive to Dza Romgbuk Monastery, crossing Pang La (5120m/16,794 ft) that rewards you with excellent views of several 8 thousanders like Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu and Mount Everest. The journey mostly goes through dirt road, passing through several picturesque villages. Upon arrival, check in a guesthouse or monastery accommodation and after refreshment; take an hour walk trek to the Everest Base Camp (5200m/17,333ft). Enjoy an unobstructed view of Mount Everest, from bottom to the top. Walk or take ox cart ride back to the monastery for overnight. Basic guesthouse accommodation. everest base camp from tibet side, everest view from base camp tibet, overland tour from tibet to ebc
Day 09: Rongbuk-Tingri (151km, 4 hrs) (B) Retrace drive to the Friendship Highway and drive to Tingri, a small Tibetan town. Check in guesthouse and take chance of hiking Tingri Dzong or visit the hot springs.
Day 10: Tingri to Zhangmu. (193km, 6 hrs) (B) Continue driving along the Friendship Highway. You will cross two high passes Lablung La ( 5, 124m) and Tong La ( 5, 120m) and have the last views of Mount Everest, Sishapangma and Cho Oyu. Then the road drops to Nyalam-the last Tibetan town where you may stop for some refreshment. The road drops sharply along the bank of a river. Upon arrival in Zhangmu-the last Chinese frontier town, check in hotel and take rest.
Day 11: Zhangmu-Kathmandu (142km/95miles, 6-7hrs) (B/D) After breakfast at your hotel, we walk through Chinese immigration and customs and drive 20 minutes down to the friendship bridge. At the Friendship Bridge, see off Tibetan Guide and driver and continue to Kathmandu with the Nepali counterpart. We stay in a deluxe hotel in Kathmandu that we deserve after traveling in rugged Tibetan terrain with limited facilities. In the evening, we enjoy Nepali welcome dinner with folk dancing shows in a Nepali restaurant.
Day 12: At Kathmandu(B) We explore the wonders of Kathmandu Valley that includes temples, stupas and palaces, which are architecturally superb and religiously important. We visit Pashupatinath Temple-the holiest Hindu Temple, Boudhanath Stupa-the largest Buddhist stupa architecture and Bhaktapur-one of the three Malla Principalities of Medieval Nepal
Day 13: Kathmandu-Chitwan National Park (B/L/D) Drive to Chitwan National Park ( 160km, 100 miles, 5 hrs)-Asia’s one of the best game park. Chitwan National Park is one of UNESCO recognize heritage site and is known for the preservation of Great One Horned Rhinoceros which was almost extinct in early 70s. The National Park is also home to Royal Bengal Tiger, Sloth Beer, Leopard, and Wild Buffalo, Marsh Mugger and Gharial Crocodiles and more than 600 different species of resident and migratory birds.
Day 14: At Chitwan National Park (B/L/D) We will engage full day on various jungle activities such as canoe trip, elephant riding, bird watching etc. We will also visit the village of Tharu people-the aboriginal inhabitant of Chitwan. The lifestyle, culture and traditions of Tharu people remain unchanged over hundreds of years. In the evening, we enjoy dances performed by Tharu People. chitwan jungle safari tour
Day 15: To Pokhara (140km, 88 miles, 4 hrs) (B)
Drive to Pokhara-the second most popular tourists destinations after Kathmandu. Pokhara is nestled in the lap of Mount Annapurna and has beautiful lakes, gorge, caves and nice views points. After some rest in the hotel, we visit the lakeside and take boating trip to the Island temple of Barahi Goddess. Overnight in a top end hotel of Pokhara.
Day 16: At Pokhara (B) We rise before dawn and drive 35 minutes to Sarangkot-a renowned view point for sunrise and the Himalayan Panorama. On a clear weather day, we have spectacular views of Mount Fishtail, Annapurnas, and Dhaulagiri etc. We drive back to the hotel, en route visiting the famous Bindhebasini Temple. After breakfast, visit the attractions of Pokhara such as Gupteshwar Cave, Davis Fall, Tibetan Village, Seti Gorge etc. Overnight hotel in Pokhara
Day 17: Flight to Kathmandu. (B) We take 30 minutes Himalayan flight to Kathmandu. Once again, we enjoy the view of a huge sweep of the Western and Middle range of the Himalayas. Upon arrival at Kathmandu airport, we are transferred to the hotel. We have rest of the day at leisure for shopping or optional tours.
Day 18: At Kathmandu We have another day in Kathmandu to explore more of its highlights. We visit the two thousand years old Swayambhunath Stupa-also nicknamed as monkey temple, Patan-the City of Arts and Crafts and Kathmandu Durbar Square with old Royal Palace complex. We walk through the narrow streets of Indrachowk and Assan to see the traditional market hub of Kathmandu and conclude the walk tour at touristy Thamel, the center of all budget hotels and guesthouses and handicraft shopping areas.
Day 19: At Patan Sightseeing in Patan Durbar Square
Day 20: Flight Kathmandu Nepal to Bangkok Thailand (B)
Transfer to airport for flight to Bangkok or your next destination.
• Accommodation on twin sharing
• Daily Breakfast in Tibet, Kathmandu, Pokhara and Full Board in Chitwan
• All transfers and sightseeing by a private air conditioned car or coach
• Sightseeing admission fees
• English speaking Tour Guide
• Tibet Travel Permit
Cost Does Not Include
• International and internal air fare
• Airport Taxes
• Chinese visa fee
• Nepal Visa Fee – US$25 per person
• Lunch and dinner except as indicated.
• Travel & Health Insurance.
• All extra expenses caused due to nature or unforeseen events. Excess baggage charges
• Optional tipping to local staffs, hotels etc.
• Items of a personal nature (sodas, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone etc.
Dates and Prices
• Start and End dates – Flexible- Anytime From April -November
• Tour Cost: For best and reasonable cost, contact us
Visa and Permit
• We need to have your passport copy and one photograph by scan and Passport should be valid for 6 months more at the time of travel.
• You need to get China visa in your home country and need to send me a copy of your china visa and passport copy to apply the permit for Tibet
• Nepal visa is available at the airport. You need USD 25 cash and one photograph for Nepal visa 15 days multiple entry. for 30 days need USD 40 per person