Everest Base Camp Trek- 16 days Trip
• Group Size: 6+
• Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
• Tour Grade: Moderate vehicle based touring involving some gentle walking and one optional day-hike to Takshang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest) in Bhutan.
• Route: Nepal (Kathmandu) – Tibet – Kathmandu – Bhutan – Kathmandu
• Trip Start/End: Kathmandu / Kathmandu
Nepal Mount Everest base camp trek package which is two weeks’ time frame compatible. Mighty Mount Everest, Tengboche monastery, the Everest base camp, Kalapaththar, Gokyo, Khumbu glacier, Mongoloid Sherpa aka ‘Tigers of the Mountain’ and assorted flora and fauna are the main things to perceive in Everest base camp trek.
Everest base camp trekking history goes back on 29th of May 1953, the glorious day of Mount Everest, two great sons of the universe (Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary) achieved unforeseen success on the mission to the Mount Everest. The same move towards the summit of the greater Himalaya gave birth to various possibilities and hopes in the part of nature-lovers and researchers. Since then, trekking to Mount Everest base camp has become well-liked among those who want to take taste of adventure along with fun and exploration.
Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking to sagarmatha national park region can be undertaken throughout the year. However the autumn (September-November) and the spring (March-May) are the recommended seasons. The former season offers excellent weather and tantalizing mountain views whereas during the latter one, different varieties of wild flowers especially rhododendrons make the hillside a hunting paradise. Mountain views are excellent and temperature is quit moderate.
Before starting the Nepal Mount Everest base camp trek from Lukla, we will reach there by a short but panoramic flight from the capital, Kathmandu. And then, the trail directs us to Phakding, Dudhkoshi valley and Namche bazaar respectively. In Namche aka Sherpa capital, we will feel aroma of Himalayan culture and rhododendron woods which, in addition, will encourage you not to put up the shutters of your eyes even a single moment. Proceeding ahead, stunning panorama of the Everest welcomes you from Tengboche monastery premises. Picturesque landscapes themselves define what the mammoth pleasure is. Climb downward to the local villages Pangboche and upward to Pheriche observing remote-inhabitants’ standard of living. Following Khumbu glacier, you will be led to Lobuche which is an ideal place to enjoy awesome view of Amadablam, Taweche and many other pikes.
After the next stop Gorakshep, you will fetch a lifetime move towards Kalapaththar, the chief altitude of the trip (5554 MASL) presenting peculiarity of the planet. While being here, you will realize that your decision to trek the base camp was absobloominglutely great! Be proud of visiting such magnetic arena; appreciate the Himalayas and be blown in the world of reality along with unrivaled instance of nature untouched by the influence of modernity.
Leaving Everest base camp and Khumbu, you will return back to Lukla airport and then fly to Kathmandu for the sake of completing the journey. This is the same flight which offers final opportunity to take glimpses of the superior Himalayas and you will be waving your hands of farewell with love and respect to the nature.
Tips for Everest base camp trek
Nepal visa preparation link
Weather in this area Link
• Admire the ancient Palaces, Stupas & Temples of Kathmandu valley in Nepal
• Fly over Mt. Everest and the Himalaya Range between Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan
• Explore the highlights of the Tibet heartland around Lhasa , Potala palace of Dalai Lama
• Enjoy the enchanting valley of Paro, Thimpu and Wangdu / Punakha
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan international airport meet our guide and staff and transfer to respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu around Thamel area, the Asia’s popular tourist spot, here our guide will brief with necessary information regarding trekking, depending upon time inform our guide or staff for tour around Kathmandu city.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m – 04 hrs.
An early departure from the hotel for the short scenic flight of half hour to Lukla awesome parallel views of snow capped mountains on flight, on reaching Lukla with time to browse around the shops and restaurant in Lukla, from here an easy good walk towards Phakding with few short and ups passing several farm fields and traditional Sherpa villages and going around Mani Prayer walls, on arrival at Phakding our guide will check in at the best available lodge for the overnight stay.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m – 05 hrs.
After good first day walk, today the journey reaches to the main and capital of Khumbu area at Namche Bazaar, walk is pleasant for the first half day following the river Dudh kosi most of the way passing many farms and villages then entering the Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo village, from here the walking on the river bed for a while, then after the last bridge an uphill climb to Namche bazaar for about two hours, through the pristine forest of pines, rhododendron and oaks trees with awesome views of snow capped mountains Kwangde, Thermasarkhu,Taboche peaks and towards north Mt. Everest, Lhotese and Nuptse after a hard climb reaching at Namche Bazaar situated at 3,440 meters high where the houses with lodges and hotels are set in a semi circle or amphitheatre, here at Namche enjoy the views of Kwangde, Thermasarkhu peaks close by with time for a visit around the market place with many shops, cyber cafe and restaurants.
Day 04: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
A necessary rest day here before heading higher ground, Namche an ideal place for acclimatization here one can go for a short hike to the top of the ridge for more better views of Everest and other mountains, afternoon free at leisure.
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche monastery 3,867 m – 05 hrs.
From Namche starting the morning walk with a short steep up towards the top ridge of Namche with fantastic views of surrounding snow capped peaks and the aerial view of Namche bazaar, walk is pleasant on the winding scenic trail till lunch at Phungi tenga village by the Imjatse River, from here another two hours walk of uphill through the enchanting rhododendron and silver fir forest till the famed Tengboche monastery is reached for the overnight stay, this beautiful spot offers tremendous scenery of high mountains from Kwangde, Kangtenga, Thamasarkhu, Mt Everest, Lhotse, Taboche, Nuptse and majestic Mt. Ama Dablam that towers the Himalayan blue sky line. Here visit the interesting Buddhist monastery and the museum as well.
Day 06: Trek to Dingboche 4,260 m – 05 hrs.
After catching the wonderful morning views, walk descend to Imjatse river, from here an uphill with gradual path for two hours to Pangboche village at 3,900 meters, this is the last permanent sherpa village from here onwards are settlements with lodges just to cater the needs of the trekkers, from here the walk is pleasant with gradual climb all the way to Dingboche village for overnight stay, this is a nice settlement situated at Imjatse valley with super views of Island peak, Lhotse, Nuptse and the towering Ama Dabalm North East Face.
Day 07: Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization and excursion.
Dingboche situated in a nice scenic valley surrounded by towering snow capped mountains, another rest day for acclimatization and optional short hikes towards Nagarjung hill top for better views of the surrounding snow capped mountains.
Day 08: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m – 05 hrs.
From Dingboche leads to more higher elevation and the air gets quite thinner and the breathing gets harder, one’s got to be careful taking slowly from here onwards, after a good acclimatization, morning walk climbs uphill taking less than an hour with overwhelming views of surrounding landscapes and mountains, after the climb the walk gets better on the gradual slow up till Thugla is reached for lunch break, where the raging Dudh Kosi river starts fed by the melting Khumbu glacier.
After Thugla a strenuous climb for an hour to Thugla pass at 4,820 meters, where there are many memorials of the climbers who died on Everest, Lhotse and other mountains expeditions, from here a nice walk for another hour to Lobuche, where there are dozens of lodges to accommodated trekkers.
Day 09: Trek to Gorak Shep 5,170 m and Everest Base Camp 5,364 m and return to Gorakshep – 06 hrs.
Today our journey leads to our final destination and the highlights of this awesome trip, walk begins on a gradual path for a while then with short uphill climb through the glacier and rocky and ice moraine with amazing views of Mt. Pumori, Lingtren and Mt. Everest with Khumbu glacier, the walk continues with few short up and down to Gorakshep situated beneath the towering Mt. Pumori and hill of Kalapathar and on route to Everest and Pumori base camp. Gorakshep with 3-4 lodges for overnight stay. After a good rest here walk continues eastward through the rocks and moraine rubble and coming to icy area at Everest base camp, beneath the world’s highest mountain Mt. Everest at 8,848 meters with views of Nuptse, Lhotse, Pumori and Lho-la with Khumbu ice falls. This is place gets busy with climbers during the peak expedition’s season at April and May.
From here return journey back to Gorakshep for overnight stay after a good high altitude trek of 5-6 hours.
Day 10: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m trek to Pheriche 4,240m – 05 hrs.
Waking early for a hike towards the top of Kalapathar the highest point of this trip at 5,545 meters for the most amazing views of Mt. Everest and other surrounding Khumbu region peaks, two hours of steep up to the top of Kalapathar where its festooned with Buddhist prayer flags, enjoy the most fascinating close view of Mt. Everest and other range of snow capped mountains, after a great excitement being at the top, return back to Gorakshep to continue the walk to Pheriche valley.
After Gorakshep walk leads downhill all the way reaching at Thugla where the trail from Dingboche and Pheriche joins, from here its straight descend on the near level field with views of Cholatse and Taboche peaks, after reaching the valley walking for an hour towards Pheriche for the overnight stay, Pheriche has number of lodges and a Himalayan Rescue medical station.
Day 11: Trek to Tenboche – 05 hrs.
From Pheriche a short downhill to the river, then after the bridge an uphill climb for an hour and rest of the journey descending all the way to the bridge through Pangboche village, and then back to green vegetation and tree lines after the bridge an uphill walk for near two hours till Tengboche is reached for overnight stop.
Day 12: Trek to Monjo 2,860m – 06 hrs.
Today a long day walk, but mostly on the downhill path from Tenboche retracing the journey back to Namche bazaar, here with a rest or lunch stop. Then continue walk down to the river valley floor with short climb to a nice Monjo village for overnight stay.
Day 13: Trek to Lukla – 04 hrs.
The last day of this awesome journey, walking on gradual path then crossing number of suspension bridges over Dudh Kosi till Lukla is reached passing several villages, on reaching Lukla transfer to a nice lodge close to Tenzing Hillary airport, with afternoon at leisure.
Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
After a most memorable adventure in the high mountains of Khumbu and Everest region, morning flight to Kathmandu with wonderful during the flight, on reaching Kathmandu transfer to respective hotels, afternoon free at leisure or tour on request.
Day 15: Kathmandu Sightseeing (B)
Explore the ancient Patan city, one of the three main cities of the valley which is renowned as city of art and craft. Main highlights of Patan city are Durbar square, ancient temples, Tibetan refugee camp and Patan industrial area. Enjoy the afternoon buying gifts, souvenirs or visit more sights with our Kathmandu expert tour guide. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 16: Departure (B)
Transfer to airport for the flight to home. Farewell.
Land cost will be charged in USD Per Person and it covers the services mentioned below, for price please Ask Us Now, and please mention the standard of hotel which you want to use.
Join the trip Contact Us Today
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis in Heritage hotel in Kathmandu.
• Everest National park trekking permit
• New TIMS permit for Everest Trekking
• Round Trip flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back to Kathmandu
• Full board meals during the trekking (meals are choices from Menu) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
• Twin sharing Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trekking
• Seasonal fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc
• An Experienced & Professional Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
• Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
• Trekking porters carry all personal gear and group equipment one porter for 2 clients.
• All transfer and sightseeing by private A/C Van.
• Sightseeing and entrance fees.
• Some energy chocolates
• Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu airfare with airport tax.
• Nepal entry Visa Fee $25 each
• International Airfare and Airport Taxes.
• Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot shower in the trekking.
• Personal shopping, laundry, phone call, internet, Camera battery charging.
• Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expenses.
• Tips to staffs
• Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
visa and permit
• Bhutan visa is pre-process by us we need to have your passport copy by scan and one photograph by scan
• Tibet visa and Tibet travel permit also pre process by us. If you are going to Tibet from Nepal, Chinese visa must be issued from Nepal. If you plan to enter china from your home please get China visa from your country.
• Nepal visa is available at the airport. You need USD 25 cash and one photograph for Nepal visa 15 days multiple entry. For 30 days you need USD 40 per person
• Bangkok-Paro flight Operates Daily (Check the flight time in This link Druk Air Flight Schedule )
• Paro to Kathmandu Direct flight operates Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday and Saturday
• Kathmandu to Lhasa flight operates Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
• Lhasa-Chengdu flight operates everyday
• This tour is more cultural and gentle adventures so all age group can enjoy it equally. we have offered some option hikes like to Tiger nest (you may take Horse too) and can add more on your request. some efforts needs to climb like Potala palace in Tibet.
• Accommodations are selected in central and peaceful location so you can move around comfortably . we use 3-5 stars hotels based on your budget and choice. all hotels have private bathrooms with hot and cold water and other basic needs.
• We use local guide and drivers who will meet you in the airports with your name cards.