Beijing Everest Base Camp tour start in Beijing and end in Lhasa Tibet. In Beijing we explore Tian an Men Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Tricycle tour in Hutong, Heritage Residence Tour, Drum Tower, Yan Dai Street, great wall and Ding’s Tomb.
After arriving in Lhasa, you will have 3 days time to explore and continue to the beautiful destination a Tibetan plateau land with Lhasa as its capital. Lhasa placed with the altitude of 3,597 Mts. is the second highest capital in the globe after La Paz, Bolivia (3,660 Mts.). which has One of the most magnificent Royal Palaces anywhere in the world – the Potala Palace former palace of the Dalai Lamas, is built on top of a rocky hill in 1645 and has over 1000 rooms, 10,000 shrines and 2,00,000 religious statues. During the tour you will be able to explore Mt. Everest Base Camp, many monasteries and amazing landscape.
Attractions of Beijing Everest Base Camp tour
- Dalai Lamas’s Potala and Norbulingkha Palaces, Drepung -the largest and most powerful of the Gelug monasteries, Sera-one of the largest monasteries of Tibet, ancient Jorkhang Temple and Barkhor Street in old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa.
- Spectacular views of Himalayas and Tibetan plateau from Kamba La ( 15,700ft) and Karo La passes ( 16,500 ft).
- Yamdrok Tso-the turquoise green water lake.
- Kumbum Stupa and Pelkore Chode Monastery in Gyantse.
- Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery at Shigatse.
- Rongbuk Monastery-the center of religious activities of Everest region.
- Everest Base Camp North Face with unobstructed views of Mount Everest and other majestic peaks.
- Highest passes ( Gyatso La, 5 220m) with great views.
- Tibetan villages