Everest Base camp From Tibet Lhasa is most easiest option to reach the foot of highest peak on earth. Drive from Lhasa to Xegar to Dza Rongbuk Monastery in few days. The journey involves driving over Pang La (5120m/16,794 ft) that rewards you with the views of several 8 thousanders like Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu and Mount Everest. The journey mostly goes through dirt road, passing through several picturesque villages. Upon arrival, check in a guesthouse or monastery accommodation and after refreshment; take an hour walk trek to the Everest Base Camp (5200m/17,333ft). The driver will pick you up at the base camp and drive you back to Rongbuk monastery.
Optional extension Everest base camp helicopter tour
- Dalai Lamas’s Potala and Norbulingkha Palaces, Drepung -the largest and most powerful of the Gelug monasteries, Sera-one of the largest monasteries of Tibet, ancient Jorkhang Temple and Barkhor Street in old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa.
- Spectacular views of Himalayas and Tibetan plateau from Kamba La ( 15,700ft) and Karo La passes ( 16,500 ft).
- Yamdrok Tso-the turquoise green water lake.
- Kumbum Stupa and Pelkore Chode Monastery in Gyantse.
- Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery at Shigatse.
- Rongbuk Monastery-the center of religious activities of Everest region.
- Everest Base Camp North Face with unobstructed views of Mount Everest and other majestic peaks.
- Highest passes ( Gyatso La, 5 220m) with great views.
- Tibetan villages