Everest Base Camp Tibet Lhasa – 10 days Trip
• Group Size: 1+
• Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
• Tour Grade: Moderate
• Trip Type: Popular
• Highest Altitude: Gyatso La ( 5, 220m)
• Start & End Destination: Lasha
• Activities: Cultural Touring, Walking tours and hikes
• Accommodation: Hotels & Resorts with your Budget
Everest Base camp From Tibet Lhasa is most easiest option to reach the foot of highest peak on earth. Drive from Lhasa to Xegar to Dza Rongbuk Monastery in few days. The journey involves driving over Pang La (5120m/16,794 ft) that rewards you with the views of several 8 thousanders like Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu and Mount Everest. The journey mostly goes through dirt road, passing through several picturesque villages. Upon arrival, check in a guesthouse or monastery accommodation and after refreshment; take an hour walk trek to the Everest Base Camp (5200m/17,333ft). The driver will pick you up at the base camp and drive you back to Rongbuk monastery.
• Dalai Lamas’s Potala and Norbulingkha Palaces, Drepung -the largest and most powerful of the Gelug monasteries, Sera-one of the largest monasteries of Tibet, ancient Jorkhang Temple and Barkhor Street in old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa.
• Spectacular views of Himalayas and Tibetan plateau from Kamba La ( 15,700ft) and Karo La passes ( 16,500 ft).
• Yamdrok Tso-the turquoise green water lake.
• Kumbum Stupa and Pelkore Chode Monastery in Gyantse.
• Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery at Shigatse.
• Rongbuk Monastery-the center of religious activities of Everest region.
• Everest Base Camp North Face with unobstructed views of Mount Everest and other majestic peaks.
• Highest passes ( Gyatso La, 5 220m) with great views.
• Tibetan villages
Day 01: Flight to Gonkar airport of Lhasa and transfer to hotel. (B)
Arrival in Gonkar Airport of Lhasa. You are met and greeted by our representative and drive to Tsedang (58miles, 2 hrs). Check in hotel and take rest for the acclimatization. Accommodation in Tsedang Hotel.
Day 02: At Lhasa (B)
Full day sightseeing of Lhasa, visiting Potala Palace-probably the principal target of most of the visitors, Sera Monastery-the last of the three Yellow Sect monasteries to be built in Lhasa and the tour concludes in Norbulinka- the summer palace of the Dalai Lama. Accommodation in the middle range Dhud Gu or Kyichu or Gorkha Hotel
Day 03: At Lhasa (B)
Today, you will visit Drepung Monastery-the largest, richest and the most powerful of the three major Yellow Sect monasteries of Tibet, the ancient Jorkhang Temple in the old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa and the Barkhor Street that forms the pilgrim circuit around the Jorkhang Temple. Accommodation in the middle range Dhud Gu or Kyichu or Gorkha Hotel
Day 04: Lhasa-Gyantse (13467ft, 176miles, 6 hrs). (B)
Drive to Gyantse-the least Chinese influenced city along the highway. The journey involves crossing of two high passes Kamba La (15,700 ft) and Karo La (16,500ft) and the follows the bank of Yamdrok Tso lake for more than 40 miles. Check in hotel and take rest for the day. Accommodation in Gyantse Hotel of the top end.
Day 05: Gyantse-Shigatse (12,785ft, 57miles, 2 hrs) (B)
Visit the highlights of Gyantse such as Pelkor Chode Monastery and Kumbum Stupa. From the stupa, take rickshaw ride back to the parking and drive back to the hotel. Collect your luggage and set out for Shigatse. Check in hotel and after refreshment, visit the famous Tashilunbo Monastery-the principal seat of Panchen Lama-the second most venerated religious leader of Tibet. Accommodation in Shigatse hotel of the top end.
Day 06: Shigatse-Shegar (4050m/13500ft, 182km/121miles, 5 hrs) (B )
Drive to Shegar, also known as New Tingri. The journey involves crossing of two high passes Tropu La ( 16,236 ft) and Gyatso La (17,122 ft). Check in hotel and take rest for a while. Later visit the ruins of historic Shegar Dzong, once the capital of Tingri region. If time permits, visit Shegar Chode Monastery, which is a small Gelugpa institution. Accommodation in Qomolongma Hotel of the top end.
Day 07: Xegar- Dza Rongbuk Monastery. (4980m/16,600ft, 63km/42miles, 2hrs) (B)
Drive from Xegar to Dza Rongbuk Monastery in the morning. The journey involves driving over Pang La (5120m/16,794 ft) that rewards you with the views of several 8 thousanders like Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu and Mount Everest. The journey mostly goes through dirt road, passing through several picturesque villages. Upon arrival, check in a guesthouse or monastery accommodation and after refreshment; take an hour walk trek to the Everest Base Camp (5200m/17,333ft). The driver will pick you up at the basecamp and drive you back to Rongbuk monastery.
Day 08: Rongbuk-Xegar-Shigatse (B)
Retrace the way back to Shigatse. Top End: Shigatse Hotel*** or Manasarovara OR Day 08: Rongbuk-Tingri (next day, contine Zhangmu & stay and continue Kathmandu,Nepal) (B) Continue driving along the Friendship Highway for kathmandu Nepal.
Day 09: Shigatse-Lhasa (B)
Drive to Lhasa visa New Road. En route visit Yungdrungling Monastery
Day 10: Departure to next destination (B)
Final Departure or extend your tour to Kathmandu, Nepal or Bhutan or India etc.
Trip Cost Includes
• Accommodation on twin sharing
• Daily Breakfast
• All transfers and sightseeing by a private air conditioned car or coach
• Sightseeing admission fees
• English speaking Tour Guide
• Tibet Travel Permit
Trip Cost Does Not Include
• International and internal air fare
• Airport Taxes
• Chinese visa fee
• Lunch and dinner except as indicated.
• Travel & Health Insurance.
• All extra expenses caused due to nature or unforeseen events. Excess baggage charges
• Optional tipping to local staffs, hotels etc.
• Items of a personal nature (sodas, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone etc.
Dates and Prices
Start and End dates – Flexible- Anytime From March -November Tour Cost: For best and reasonable cost, contact us
Visa and Permit
Tibet visa and Tibet travel permit also pre process by us. If you are going to Tibet from Nepal, Chinese visa must be issued from Nepal. If you plan to enter china from your home please get China visa from your country.