Bhutan short tours, as the name suggests, is a short trip suitable for the travelers with time constraint. If you are traveling to India or Nepal, it will be a good idea to take this trip as add on or extension. You can fly to Paro from Indian cities of Kolkatta or from Kathmandu or if you are traveling Sikkim and Darjeeling, you can also travel overland.
Bhutan short tours covers the two major cities of Bhutan-Paro and Thimpu. Paro has the only airport of Bhutan and has a few famous Dzongs. You will have opportunity to visit some farm houses and interact with the local and experience the rural life. Thimpu is the capital city of the tiny kingdom of Bhutan. Besides Dzongs and administrative centers, you will visit the museums, arts school, libraries and textile emporiums which give you an insight to the Bhutanese culture and tradition. If you are in Thimpu during week-ends, do not forget to visit the week-end market. there are many local textiles, vegetables, fruits…….
• Group Size: 1+
• Best Season:: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
• Tour Grade: Easy
• Trip Type: Popular
• Activities: Cultural Sightseeing Tour
• Accommodation: Hotels & Resorts with your Budget
• Start & End Destination:: Paro
Attractions of Bhutan short tours
• Thimpu-Memorial Chorten, National Library, Handicrafts Emporium, Painting, Simtokha Dzong, Tashicho Dzong, Pangri Zampa Monastery
• Thimpu week-end market
• Paro-Drugyal Dzong, Farm houses, Ta Dzong, Paro Rinchen Dzong
• Paro-Takstang Monastery
Day 01: Flight to Paro and drive to Thimpu
On flight, we will enjoy the breath taking views of Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga and other famous Himalayan peaks, including the sacred Mount Chomolhari and Jichu Drake of Bhutan. Upon arrival at Paro airport, we are met by our guide and we drive to Thimpu-the capital City of Bhutan. This 2 hour drive snakes along the Paro and Thimphu rivers offering gorgeous scenic views at every turn. After lunch, visit the sights such as Memorial Chorten, National Library, Handicrafts Emporium where Bhutanese textiles and Painting School etc. Overnight hotel in Thimphu.
Day 02: Thimphu-Paro
Visit Simtokha Dzong-the oldest fortress of Bhutan, Tashichho Dzong – the main Secretariat Building, that houses king’s throne and state monastic body, Pangri Zampa Monastery-the residence of Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyel . In the late afternoon, drive back to Paro.
Day 03 At Paro
Visit Drugyal Dzong -a ruined fortress – 16 km away from Paro town from where you can also enjoy the views of Mount Chomolhari “Abode of the Goddess Chomo”. On the way back from Drugyal Dzong, we will visit a typical Bhutanese farm house.After lunch in the hotel, we will visit the National Museum (Ta-Dzong), which originally was the Watch Tower of the Paro Rinchen Pong Dzong. Visit Paro Rinchen Pong Dzong- the administrative seat of the district of Paro and it also contains a state monastic community of about 200 monks. In option to the visits of Dzong, you can take Takstang Monastery Hike. The monastery is perched on a rocky ledge with a sheer drop of nearly 800m and overlooks the Paro Valley and river. The round trip hike takes about 4 hrs. Evening free to stroll in Paro to shop or to visit some village home.
Day 04 Paro- Departure
We are transferred to airport for our flight to next destination.
• Best available regular hotels and guesthouse accommodation on twin sharing
• English speaking local Guide.
• All intercity transfers and sightseeing by a private vehicle.
• 3 meals a day.
• Bhutan visa fee.
• Sightseeing admission fees
Cost Does Not Include
• All airfares.
• Visa fee
• Travel Insurance and emergency evacuation.
• Expenses of personal nature like drinks, tip, telephone, laundry etc.
• Extra expenses due to nature or unforeseen events such as flight cancellation, road blockade, no show etc
Dates and Prices
Dates and Prices (For Low Season)
• Start and End dates – Flexible
• US$ 790 Single Traveler
• US$ 740 per person ( 2 pax traveling together)
• US$ 650 per person (3 person and over traveling together)
• US$ 335 per person Single Room Supplement
• Air fares extra
Visa and Permit
Bhutan visa is pre-process by us we need to have your passport copy by scan and one photograph by scan