Annapurna Ghandruk Loop Trekking, 3 – 4 days trek is suitable for children or weary trekkers, as it doesn’t entail any particularly long walking days and there is always plenty to see. The trek involves no difficult climbing or ascents to high altitudes. The trail passes through rhododendron forest and fascinating traditional Gurung villages at Dhampus & Ghandrung; a nice opportunity to witness the culture and tradition of Nepalese countryside.
Ghandruk Loop Trekking gives fine views of the Annapurnas, The walk start from Birethanti and ends at Phedi, The walk passes through Nepal famous Gurung Village Ghandruk which provides you breathtaking views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhare and Hiunchuli.
Clothing depending on the season, you will have to bring clothes of your need. The lodges in the mountains have very basic facilities. Only few lodges have showers and hot water facilities. Use of hot water is subject of extra charge. The lodges provide blankets or quilts but having one’s own sleeping bag is always better.
- Day 1 Drive 6 hours or fly 30 minutes to Pokhara.
- Day 2 Pokhara- Tolka You will drive up to Phedi from where the trek commences on. You will be rewarded with great views of the mountains that continue to improve as you ascend along the ridge to Dhanpus (1750m at the top).You will have the day over in and Tolka ( 1810m) which is an small settlement.
- Day 3 Tolka- Ghandruk You will drop on a stone staircase to the Modi Khola. It’s a long climb up a rough stone staircase with high steps to the tiny settlements of Yumle. A little more walk brings you to Ghandruk at 1970m.
- Day 4 Ghandruk-Nayapul-Pokhara You will follow the trail south from Ghandruk to Birethanti. Walk out to the at Nayapul and catch transport back to Pokhara.
- Day 5 Pokhara-Kathmandu or next destination
Cost & Dates
- Arrival transfer, 2-3 star category hotels with breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- A full day sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide, transportation from Kathmandu- Pokhaara and Pokhara-Kathmandu by regular bus, for single pax- 1 guide cum porter other wise 1 porter for each 2 trekkers and 1 guide for above 2 pax, accommodation and meals in lodges en route, Annapurna conservation fee, crew insurance.
Price Doesn’t Include
- Flights, Nepal visa, travel health insurance, lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Expenses of personal nature like drinks and tip
- Expenses due to nature or any unforeseen disturbances beyond our control, personal trekking gears.