After driving 30 minutes from Pokhara, you will reach to the Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking starting point is Birethanti. As you proceed slowly along the trek upward, the varied characteristics of the nature and those of the cultures and customs of different ethnic groups are noticed. On the day you arrive at an altitude of 2800m. You will have a pleasant feeling for being quite near to nature. The day after as you get to a place called Poonhill after walking up a distance of around an hour, you can not only enjoy a superb panorama of both Annapurna and Dhaulagiri but also very splendid and magnificent view of sunrise. Poonhill is one of the most interesting features of this trekking tour. The downward return Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking becoming different from that of upwards, foes through one of the big forests of rhododendron of the world. If it is the month of may the complete forest becomes a mixture of white and red blossoms of rhododendron.
- Day 1 Kathmandu-Pokhara Drive 6 hours or fly 35 minutes to Pokhara
- Day 2 Pokhara- Birethanti- Tirkhedhunga You will be transferred by car to Nayapul which takes about 2hrs.then you start trek via Birethanti. You will follow the bank of Bhurungdi Khola until Tikhedhunga (1575m).Then you will have a bit steep up of an hour walk till Ulleri(2073m) Overnight in the lodge in Ulleri.
- Day 3 Ullery-Ghorepani You will gain gradually more altitudes on this day.you will walk about 4-5hrs.Overnight in Lodge in Ghorepani (2800m)
- Day 4 Ghorepani-Tadapani Early in the morning you walk up to Poonhill(3400m)to have sunrise view to the Annapurna massif and Dhawalagiri(8167m) and other ranges. You will be lost at this moment into the Shangrila. After coming back from Poonhil, you will have breakfast then start to walk down to Deorali on the way to Tadapani. All the way, you will walk through the forest in peaceful and calm atmosphere.Its rhododendron forest. In March all the forest blooms. It looks more than beautiful in spring. Overnight at lodge in Tadapani(2650m).
- Day 5 Tadapani-Ghandruk You descend down to Ghandruk. Its very easy walk.you will see all the Annapurna and Machhapuchre snow capped peaks right in front of you all the way down from Ghorepani.Ghandruk is a beautiful Gurung Village. Most of them have been in British Gurkha military. You will see the Gurung Culture. They are smiling every time and hospitable. There are nice lodges in this village. Overnight in the lodge.
- Day 6 Ghandruk-Pokhara You will descend down about 6hrs.After arriving birethanti you will take car to Pokhara.overnight in Pokhara
- Day 7 Pokhara-Kathmandu/ Next destination