Jugal Himal Trek includes Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Madiya (6257m) and Phurbi Chhyachu (6637m). This is a remote and unfrequented region, despite its proximity to Kathmandu, Treks in this area involves a lot of climbing on narrow trails. This is mostly off-the- beaten-track. You will climb through forests to high alpine lakes. There are no food and accommodation facilities in this route. join Jugal Himal Trek now.
Best tours in Himalaya Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour , Bhutan culture tour and Everest base camp trekking. Special Nepal Tibet and Bhutan tour package.
Short Itinerary of Jugal Himal Trek
Day 01: Kathmandu-Chautara.
Day 02: Chautara-Syaule.
Day 03: Kamikharka Danda to Chyocho Danda.
Day 04: Chyocho Danda to Hile Bhanjyang.
Day 05: Hile Bhanjyang to Nasempati.
Day 06: Nasempati to Panchpokhari.
Day 07: Panch Pokhari to Gaikharka.
Day 08: Gaikharka to Yangri.
Day 09: Yangri to Laghang Gompa.
Day 10: Laghang Gompa to Tarkeghyang.
Day 11-13: Tarkeghyang-Kathmandu.
- Day 1 Kathmandu-Chautara Drive 25 km from Kathmandu to Chautara. Chautara is a large village inhabited mainly by Tamang ethnic people. Overnight tent.
- Day 2 Chautara-Syaule The trail to Chautara and trek to Syaule. Overnight tent.
- Day 3 Kamikharka Danda to Chyocho Danda The route is an excellent trail through beautiful oak and rhododendron forest with magnificent views. The trail follows the ridge crest, rising to a large chorten at 3160m.
- Day 4 Chyocho Danda to Hile Bhanjyang The route involves an ascent of the ridge at 3750m followed by a descent through the forest. Another ascent brings you to the crest of 3913m at Chang Samarphu. You will descend to Hile Bhankyang at 3800m for camping
- Day 5 Hile Bhanjyang to Nasempati A steep climb to a hillock at 3980m then traverses a open ground along a flag stone trail to another crest of wonderful views. Camping at Nasempati (3800m)
- Day 6 Nasempati to Panchpokhari A four-hour climb on a well-defined trail brings you to Panch Pokhari, five holy lakes at 4050m. There is often snow on this ridge, making the trek more difficult. You can return to Nasempati for camping if you want to avoid camping at snow.
- Day 6 Panch Pokhari to Gaikharka Return to Nasempati and descend west on a good trail, past several ravines with water but no good for camping. Camping at Gailharka (2530m).
- Day 8 Gaikharka to Yangri Continued decent thorough forests and villages. Camping below Yangri Village (1360m).
- Day 9 Yangri to Laghang Gompa The trail crosses bridges over the Larke and Yangri Rivers and passes through Yangri Village, climbing rapidly to the west and north. The trail continues, often steeply up through country dotted with villages and fields, scrub hillsides and pleasant villages. Camping at Laghang Gompa (2800m)
- Day 10 Laghang Gompa to Tarkeghyang This is short trail thorough beautiful forest, pastures, stone houses, scrub growth and cow trails. Camping at Tarkeghynag.
- Day 11-13 Tarkeghyang-Kathmandu You can conclude this trek via Tharepati, Khutumsang, Pati Bhanjyang and Sunfarijal in another 4 days.