Kathmandu mount kailash tours starts in Kathmandu and end in Kathmandu too. after exploring the ancient medieval arts and architecture of Kathmandu Drive to Nyalam and rest in Rest day for proper acclimatization. You can visit the Nyalam Pelgye Ling temple associated with great Milarepa, the Tibetan yogi. then we will continue Nyalam to Pelku Tso then to Saga Zhongba and Paryang to Lake Manasarovara . stay at Manasarovara Lake for holy dip, puja and other ritual performance. You can take leisurely walk or excursion along the lakeside.
From Lake Manasarovara, we take short drive of about 2 hours to Darchen. After lunch, prepare yourself for the three days trekking ahead. Crews will be organizing pack animals (yaks) gears and supplies for the trek. Start walking from Darchen to Dira Phuk Gompa then to Zuthul-Phuk to Darchen to Saga from Saga we retrace back to Kathmandu. Nepal visa is available on arrival. Tibet visa we arrange
Tour Attractions of Kathmandu mount kailash tours
- Lake Manasarovara Lake
- 3 days circumambulation trek
Feel free to ask about Kathmandu mount kailash tours:
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu for Kathmandu mount kailash tours. Welcomed at the airport and transfer to hotel. Free day at leisure. Welcome dinner with cultural performance. Accommodation in a deluxe 5 star hotel.
- Day 2 At Kathmandu While applying your Chinese visa At Kathmandu While applying your Chinese visa, you will explore the ancient medieval arts and architecture of Kathmandu . Visit Monkey temple, Bodhanath-the biggest Buddhist stupa and medieval principality of Bhaktapur as known as the city of devotees. Free afternoon for you to prepare for the trip. Overnight hotel.
- Day 3 Drive to Nyalam (B/L/D) Altitude 12,333 ft; distance 97 miles and about 6-7 drive Depart Kathmandu early in the morning. Breakfast stop in Dhulikhel hill resort. In total, Kathmandu-Tibet border is 113km through the villages, roadside bazaars and terraced hills that takes total of about 4 hours to the Tibetan border. On an inclement weather day, there may be some landslide spots which you have to walk across and change to a locally available vehicle. After clearing immigration formalities in both the Nepal and China side, we will continue to Nyalam. Meals and accommodation in guesthouse.
- Day 4 Rest in Nyalam (B/L/D) Rest day for proper acclimatization. You can visit the Nyalam Pelgye Ling temple associated with great Milarepa, the Tibetan yogi. Overnight guesthouse.
- Day 5 Nyalam-Pelku-Tso -Saga (B/L/D) Altitude 13,973 ft, distance 157 miles / about 6 hours drive Today drive and cross two high passes and midway we arrive at Pelkutso lake for lunch. Lablung La (5030m/16,498ft) offers spectacular views of Mt. Sishapangma (8021m/26,309ft), Gaurishanker and many other peaks, all of which are dwarfed by the Tibetan plateau. You will cross the Bramhaputra River just before Saga. Overnight in tents at Saga.
- Day 6 Saga-Zhongba-Paryang (B/L/D) Altitude 14,891 ft, distance: 160 miles/about 8hrs drive It is at Saga where you will connect the main road from Lhasa . We continue across the vast dry plains to the small Tibetan town of Zhongba and drive further to Paryang for overnight stay. Overnight in tents.
- Day 7 Paryang-Lake Manasarovara (B/L/D) Altitude 14,957 ft, distance 157 miles about 8hrs drive Today’s drive involves crossing of several rivers but has some of the most panoramic scenery. The crews will set your camp by the sacred Manasarovar Lake -which according to Hindu mythology was formed in the mind of Brahma-the creator of the world. Today you will have the first Darshan (view) of holy Mt. Kailash from Horqu. Overnight in tents.
- Day 8 Halt at Lake Manasarovara Halt at Manasarovara Lake for holy dip, puja and other ritual performance. You can take leisurely walk or excursion along the lakeside. Overnight camp.
- Day 9 Lake Manasarovara-Darchen (B/L/D) Altitude 15,285 ft, distance 20miles/about 2 hrs drive. It’s a short drive of about 2 hours to Darchen. After lunch, you may want to prepare yourself for the three days trekking ahead. Crews will be organizing pack animals (yaks) gears and supplies for the trek. Overnight guesthouse.
- Day 10 Darchen-Dira Phuk Gompa (B/L/D) Altitude 16,102 ft, about 6 hrs trek Tarboche, marked by Tibetan flags is the starting point for kora and it is the site for Tibet’s most important annual Saga Dawa festival. Walk up the Lha Chu Valley through beautiful green meadows and streams with Mt Kailash towering above us. We follow the river, which enters a narrow canyon with high, steep cliffs and spectacular waterfalls. Continuing up the valley, the north face of Kailash comes into view before we reach the 13th century monastery at Dira-phuk. Overnight camp.
- Day 11 Drira Phuk Monastery-Zuthul-Phuk (B/L/D) Altitude 15,711 ft., about 7 hrs trek Bid farewell to Lha Chu Valley and prepare to fight the toughest part of the kora. You will enter the Drolma Chu Valley , heading up towards a high pass, the Drolma La [5,630m/18,466 ft] that is marked Tibetan prayer flags. The rest of the day’s walk is mostly downhill and flat land. On descent, you will pass by one of the highest lakes in the world, Thukpe Dzingbu Lake (Gauri Kunda), known as the Lake of Compassion. Zuthulphuk monastery is built at the site of a famous cave, which is believed to have been created as a result of contest between Milareppa (Buddhist Yogi) and Naro Bonchung (Bon Saint). Overnight camp.
- Day 12 Trek to Darchen (B/L/D) Altitude 4,560m/14,956 ft, about 3 hrs trek. The final day of the kora is rather short and easier. It takes merely 2 to 3 hours that involves crossing of several streams and follows an impressive gorge from where you can look back for fabulous views. Overnight guesthouse.
- Day 13-14 Darchen to Paryang to Saga (B/L/D) Retrace your way back to Paryang to Saga. Overnight Camp
- Day 15-16 Saga to Kathamndu.(B/L) If you are extending trip to Lhasa, you will split with crews at Saga and head eastwards. Otherwise, retrace drive to Kathmandu via a stop in Nyalam.
- Day 17 Departure (B) Transfer to airport for international flight back home. Lhasa extension
- Day 18 Saga to Lhatse (B) Altitude 13,169 ft, distance 188 miles about 7 hrs. You will take left turn off at Saga, skirt around a lake and pass through a series of valleys before you reach Lhatse. Overnight guesthouse.
- Day 19 Lhatse to Shigatse (B) Altitude 12,792ft, distance 72 miles and driving hours 4 hrs. Today, you will drive to Shigatse-the second largest city of Tibet . This is where the famous Tashilunbo Monastery, the principal seat of Panchen Lama is situated. Panchen Lama holds the second highest position after Dalai Lama in Gelugpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Overnight Hotel Shigatse or Hotel Manasarovara (***star).
- Day 20 Shigatse to Gyantse (B) Altitude 12,841 ft, distance 54 miles and about 2 hrs drive.
- In the morning, visit the Tashilhunbo Monastery-the seat of Panchen Lama, one of the largest functioning monasteries of Tibet , before driving 90km to Gyantse. After refreshment in the hotel, visit the Pelkor Chode Monastery and the Gyantse Kumbum-the large gold-domed stupa that houses an impressive array of Tibetan Buddhist murals. Overnight Hotel Gyantse (***)
- Day 21 Gyantse-Lhasa (B) Altitude 11,858 ft, distance, 165 miles about 6 hours drive Today’s drive is one of the most spectacular ones and involves crossing of a high pass-Karo La [5045m/16,548 ft].You will stop for lunch in Nangkartse- a small, developing town, just before the Yamdrok Tso Lake. From here, the road follows the bank of the lake for about 60km/38miles.We bid farewell to the beautiful lake from Kamba La [4794m/15,700ft] and at the same time we are greeted by the first view of Lhasa Valley. Hotel: Lhasa Hotel**** (Former Holiday Inn)
- Day 22-23 Lhasa (B) We will spend these two days visiting several of Lhasa ‘s many monasteries-such as Sera and Sera, Potala Palace -the seat of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Norbu Lingkha Palace -the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, Jorkhang Temple and walk through Barkhor street . Hotel: Lhasa Hotel**** (Former Holiday Inn)
- Day 24 Departure (B) Flight to Kathmandu or Chengdu or Beijing or next destination.
we can to Kathmandu mount kailash tours in monsoon time only.