Kathmandu Tibet overland tour Facts – 8 days Trip
• Tour Cost: USD 2290
• Group Size: 1+
• Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
• Tour Grade: moderate to fairly challenging
• Trip Type: Popular
• Activities: Hiking, Cultural Tours & Sightseeing
• Accommodation: Hotels & Resorts with your Budget
• Destinations: Lhasa, Gyantse, Lhatse
• Highest Altitude: Lhatse (4100m)
Kathmandu Tibet overland tour is the best adventure in Himalaya. Join this trip on Every Saturday and Tuesday from Kathmandu. you need to arrive in Kathmandu few nights before the trip start date in Kathmandu to apply for Tibet visa.
we drive through farming terraces and over the mountain along the friendship highway. first day in Tibet will be in Nyalum county where traders in 17th century used to stay. then we will continue to Tingri, Shigatse, gyantse and Lhasa. during our stay in Lhasa will explore Pothala palace, Jokhang Temple, Derpung, Nobulinkha palace, sera monastery and many more…
Attractions of Kathmandu Tibet overland tour
• Dalai lama’s Potala Palace and Tibetan plateau in central Lhasa
• Visit Dalai lamas Pothala Palace and Tibetan plateau and central Lhasa.
• Visit Drepung Monastery-the largest, richest and the most powerful of the three major Yellow Sect monasteries of Tibet, the ancient Jorkhang Temple in the old
• Tibetan quarter of Lhasa and the Barkhor Street that forms the pilgrim circuit around the JorkhangTemple.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Nyalam. (3700m) 156km
Early morning scenic drive to KODARI (Nepal – Tibet border) through the beautiful Nepalese country side and after necessary border formalities both at Nepalese and Chinese immigration, Drive to Nyalam Overnight
Day 02: Nyalam to Lhatse(4100m) 225 km Drive to Lhatse via Lalungla pass. From where you can enjoy the Beautiful view of Mt Xisapangma (8212m) and Mt. Cho-oyu (8201m) and continue Journey to Lhatse O/N
Day 03: Lhatse to Shigatse. (3900m) 244 Km Dive to Shigatse Crossing over the Gyanchula pass (5200M) Visit Palten Lama’s Tashilompu Monastery O/N potala palace lhasa
Day 04: Shigatse to Gyantse ( 3950m) 90 Km Drive to Gyantse, Visit Phalkhor Monastery, Khumbula stupa O/N
Day 05: Gyamtse to Lhasa (3650M) 261Km Drive to Lhasa Via Yamdrok Lake O/N
Day 06/07: Two Full Days Sightseeing tour in Lhasa Sightseeing tour of Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Sera & Drepung Monastery and Barkhor Street O/N
Day 08: Lhasa to Kathmandu(1300m) 01 Hour By flight Departure Transport to Gonggar Airport and Fly Back to Kathmandu Or Departure to your onward Destination.
From Llhasa – Kathmandu USD 415.00 per person net – subject to change
Visa fee for european and other USD 85.00 per person Visa fee for us national USD 175.00 per person
• Transportation by tourist coach
• Tibet travel permit
• English speaking tibetan guide
• Accommodation on twin sharing room basis. except at guest house
• Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary
• Daily breakfast
• Lunch and dinner
• Insurande of any kind
• Personal expenses such as a drink, tips to guide and driver & etc.
Visa and Permit
• We need to have your passport copy and one photograph by scan and Passport should be valid for 6 months more at the time of travel.
• You need to get China visa in your home country and need to send me a copy of your china visa and passport copy to apply the permit for Tibet