The Langtang valley is aptly called the valley of glacier. Here the mountain valley is spectacular. On either side of valley, mountains rise, soaring in to the sky. Langtang Gosainkunda Trek offers pain forest, slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow- capped peaks, grassy downs and meadows strewn with daisies and wild Primus. In the upper part of valley there are snow bridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist, tiny lake with iceberg floating on them and water of crystalline brightness. There are also high mountains of slide ice. Gosainkunda, regarded as sacred land in Hinduism, is dotted with lakes atop the mountain, offering a quiet respite. There are few visitors outside of those who come for the summer festival. Langtang Gosainkunda Trek can be done at any time of the year.
- Day 1 Katmandu – Syabrubensi By private bus/ mini bus to Syabrubensi via Trishuli Bazaar. Pack lunch on the way. Camp at Syabrubensi.
- Day 2 Syabrubensi – Khanjung – Syarpagaon After a trek of about one-hour from Syabrubensi the small village of Wangal is reached. From here the trail branches off straight eastward to Rasuwa Ghari. From Wangal there is aSteep climb to Khanjung village. In the village there is a good camping site. From there, after hr climb a small village is reached, known as Surka. The climb is steep for hours Through thick forest and from there the trail continues straight but not steep. From here, after a gentle descent for nearly 3 hr., Syarpagoan (8200ft.) is reached.
- Day 3 Syarpagoan – Lama hotel – Langtang Valley From Syarpagoan, the trail then traverses up and down through the forest and Ghoratabela (9800ft) is reached with in 5 hr. From there, again a short climb for 1 hr. will bring you to pass to the right of where the Langtang valley begins.
- Day 4 Langtang Valley – Kyangjing Gompa From the pass, after trekking for nearly 3 hr., Langtang village 11,200 ft. is reached. From Langtang there is a gentle ascent for 4 hr. to Kyangjing Gompa.
- Day 5 Kyangjing Gompa – Yala Cheese factory – Langtang After visiting Kyangjing Monastery, an excellent look out can be reached by climbing the slopes immediately behind the Kyangjing Gompa. A visit to Yala Cheese factory 15800ft. beyond yala is worthwhile.
- Day 6 Explore Langtang Valley Just near by your camp there is one nice 5500m Yala peak, if you are interested, it is possible to climb that peak. It requires 2 days expeditions involving glacier climbing and highcamp ona a saddle above the trail near Nubama Dhang.
- Day 7 Langtang – Lama Hotel 5 hr. walking
- Day 8 Lama Hotel – Big Syabru (10,087ft.)
- Day 9 Big Syabru – Sing Gompa (8,990ft.) This day we through forest of Fir and Rhododendron. The only sign of human habitation are the occasional shepherds’ huts at the water points. We camp near the deserted Sing Gompa, 6 hr. approx. trekking.
- Day 10 Sing gompa – Gosainkunda (13,330 ft.) A steep, rugged trails but adequately compensated for by dramatic views; to the west Himal Chuli 7,893 m; Manaslu (8,156m) and Ganesh Himal 7,406m. and possibly even the Annapurna range. To the north across the valley is Langtang Lirug. We pass a few huts in the high pasture of Laurebina, cross a small ridge and have our first views of the holy lakes. There are about a dozen lakes in the Gosainkunda Basin, the main three being Saraswatikund Bhariab Kunda and Gosainkunda. According to Legend, Lord Shiva created gosainkunda when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after having swallowed some poison, 6-hr. trkking.
- Day 11 Gosainkund – Thare Pati (10,800 ft.) We continue over rugged trail and pass several other smaller takes to the Lauribenayak pass4, 602m.), then we descend along a ridge to the tree line. Past beautiful Waterfalls, through Juniper and Rhododendron forest. We descend to the huts of Thare Pati, trek approx. 7 hr.
- Day 12 Tharepati – Kutumasang (7700 ft.) After breakfast continue ascending walk to Danda Kharka across jungle, ascending walk approximately for 3 hr. and arrive at Mangegot. Lunch Served. Rhododendron flowers are particularly. Witnessed during Feb. to April Mountains e.g. Langtang; Jugal; Droje Lakpa Nambru and Gauri Shanker are witnessed. No inhabitants are found at this place. Dinner and overnight at tented camp. Trek approx. 6 hr.
- Day 13 Kutumsang- Chisopani (7500 ft.) Breakfast at the camp. Walk for approximately 3 hours arrive Gul Bhanjyang. Here is a small Tamang village. Lunch served.After approximately 3 hours walk arrive at Chisopani. Sherpas and Tamangs are found inhabited at villages here. Dinner and overnight at tented camp.Trek approx. 6 hr.
- Day 14 Chisopani – Kathmandu Approximately three hours trek, lunchserved beside at the opened hill. Trek for approximately. Arrive at Sundarijal. Other trekking routes e.g. Helambu, Langtang,Gosainkunda are also connected at this place. After your arrival in Sundarijal, bus to Kathmandu.
Join Langtang Gosainkunda Trek now.