Lhasa surrounding excursions is a short one week trip for those who want to get general idea of Tibet. it starts and end in Lhasa airport. Visit Potala Palace-that dominates the Lhasa sky, Sera Monastery-the last of the three Yellow Sect monasteries to be built in Lhasa and the tour concludes in Norbulinka- the summer retreats of the Dalai Lama. Explore Drepung Monastery-once the largest, richest and the most powerful of the three major Yellow Sect monasteries of Tibet, the ancient Jorkhang Temple and the Barkhor Street that forms the pilgrim circuit around the Jorkhang Temple.
Lhasa surrounding excursions continues to Tsedang, en route cross Yarlungdzangbo River by ferry and visit Samye Monastery-the first monastery of Tibet. Upon arrival in Tsedang, check in hotel and after refreshment, stroll along the Tibetan quarter of city. Vsit Tradruk Temple, Yambulakhang Palace and burial mounds of Tibetan kings at Chongye Valley.
- Dalai Lamas’s Potala and Norbulingkha Palaces.
- Drepung one time the largest and the most powerful of the Gelug monasteries.
- Sera-one of the two largest monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419 by another disciple of Tsongkhapa-Jamchen Chje.
- Jorkhang Temple the most revered shrines of Tibet.
- Barkhor square and the holy circuit.
- Norbulingkha Palaces-the summer retreats of Dalai Lamas.
- Samye, the first Buddhist monastery of Tibet.
- Yambulakhang and Tradruk Temples of Tsedang.
- Tombs of ancient Yarlung Kings in Chongye Valley