Mountain biking Tibet Facts – 24 days Trip
• Group Size: 1+
• Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
• Tour Grade: Hard
• Trip Type: Popular
• Highest Altitude: 5,220m (Gyantso La)
• Activities: Sightseeing and mountain biking.
• Accommodation: Hotels & Resorts with your Budget
• Start From: Lhasa, (Tibet)
• End In: Kathmandu (Nepal)
• Country of Tour: Kathmandu (Nepal) / Tibet (China)
Mountain Biking in Tibet, covers Cultural highlights of Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse.
Spectacular Everest north side and base camp with monastery Rongbuk.
Breathtaking is perhaps an understatement when describing this bike trip linking two of the world’s most exotic capital cities. We will begin this odyssey after four days in Lhasa, which will enable you to acclimate and visit many of the city’s beautiful temples and palaces. Monastery towns line our route as we travel westward parallel to the towering Himalayan Range, camping alongside nomads and their families.
Through the course of our journey we will negotiate six high mountain passes, reaching elevations of almost 18,000 feet. An unforgettable descent will bring us from the rocky Tibetan Plateau down into the lush green landscape of Nepal.
• Potala Palace, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Jorkhang Temple and
• Barkhor Street.
• Yamdrok Tso Lake
• Gyantse-Pelkor Chode, Kumbum Stupa and Gyantse Dzong.
• Shigatse-Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery.
• Rongbuk Monastery and Everest Base camp.
• Views of the Himalayas from high passes.
Day01 :Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel. 2N
Day02 : Full day sightseeing tour of City, Swoyambhunath and Patan City.
Day03 : Fly Kathmandu – Lhasa: in the morning transfer to airport, fly to Lhasa,arrive at the Gongga airport, transfer to hotel (100km). 3N at 3*Dhood Gu Hotel
Day04-05 : Lhasa Potala Palace, Jokhang Monastery, Barkhor Street; Drepung Monatsery, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka Park
Day06 : Lhasa-Chushur (50km). Camp
Day07 : Chushur-Kampala Pass – Baidi (70km). Camp
Day08 : Baidi-Karola-Longma (70km). Camp
Day09 : Longma-Gyantse (70km). 1N at 3*Gyantse Hotel
Day10 : Gyantse (Pelkhor Monastery)-Shigatse (90km). 1N at 3*Manasarovar Hotel
Day11 : Shigatse (Tashilunpo Monastery)-Geding (60km). Camp
Day12 : Geding-Younongla Pass (53km). Camp
Day13 : Younongla-Lhatse (44km). 1N at simple Lhatse Hotel
Day14 : Lhatse-Gyatsola Pass (80km). Camp
Day15 : Gyatsola – Shekar (30km). 1N at simple Mt. Everest Hotel
Day16 : Shegar-Pang La. Camp
Day17 : Pang La-Rongpuk Monastery. Camp
Day18 : Rest and exploration day at Rongbuk and Everest Base Camp. Camp
Day19 : Rongbuk-Old Tingri. Camp
Day20 : Old Tingri-Nyalam. Camp
Day21 : Nyalam-Milarepa Cave-Zhangmu (30km). 1N at simple Zhangmu Hotel
Day22 : Pick up from Kodari our clients will ride a cycle guide will accompany them in a Vehicle. Dinner and Overnight at Dhulikel.
Day23 : After breakfast ride to Kathmandu. 1N .
Day24 :Departure transfer to Airport.
Dates and Prices
• Start and End dates – Flexible
• Tour Cost: For best and reasonable cost, contact us
Trip Cost Includes
• Local expert Mt. Bike guide.
• Accommodation in Dhood Gu or similar in Lhasa, best available in Gyantse and Shigatse including breakfast, rest of the places guesthouse and tented camping.
• Breakfast only during hotel stays. Full board at guesthouses and camping.
• 4WD land cruiser jeep.
• Support truck for luggage, gears and supplies.
• Cook and kitchen helps.
• Tibet entry permits and sightseeing admission fees.
Trip Cost Does Not Include
• Personal mountain bikes and bike gears.
• Lunch & dinner during Hotel stay in Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse.
• Flight into Lhasa and out of Kathmandu.
• Airport tax.
• Hotels & sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
• Travel Insurance.
• All expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tip, laundry, phone etc.
• Nepal re-entry visa.
• Any cost incurred in emergency evacuation due to any natural calamity or any unforeseen events.