Mountain Biking in Tibet, covers Cultural highlights of Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse.Spectacular Everest north side and base camp with monastery Rongbuk.
Breathtaking is perhaps an understatement when describing this bike trip linking two of the world’s most exotic capital cities. We will begin this odyssey after four days in Lhasa, which will enable you to acclimate and visit many of the city’s beautiful temples and palaces. Monastery towns line our route as we travel westward parallel to the towering Himalayan Range, camping alongside nomads and their families. mountain biking tibet can be done any months.
Through the course of our journey we will negotiate six high mountain passes, reaching elevations of almost 18,000 feet. An unforgettable descent will bring us from the rocky Tibetan Plateau down into the lush green landscape of Nepal.
Trip Highlights mountain biking tibet
- Potala Palace, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Jorkhang Temple and
- Barkhor Street.
- Yamdrok Tso Lake
- Gyantse-Pelkor Chode, Kumbum Stupa and Gyantse Dzong.
- Shigatse-Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery.
- Rongbuk Monastery and Everest Base camp.
- Views of the Himalayas from high passes.
- Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu Transfer to hotel. 2N
- Day 2 Full day sightseeing tour of City Swoyambhunath and Patan City
- Day 3 Fly Kathmandu – Lhasa In the morning transfer to airport, fly to Lhasa,arrive at the Gongga airport, transfer to hotel (100km). 3N at 3*Dhood Gu Hotel
- Day 4-5 Lhasa Potala Palace, Jokhang Monastery, Barkhor Street; Drepung Monatsery, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka Park
- Day 6 Lhasa-Chushur (50km) Camp
- Day 7 Chushur-Kampala Pass – Baidi (70km) Camp
- Day 8 Baidi-Karola-Longma (70km) Camp
- Day 9 Longma-Gyantse (70km) 1N at 3*Gyantse Hote
- Day 10 Gyantse (Pelkhor Monastery)-Shigatse (90km) 1N at 3*Manasarovar Hotel
- Day 11 Shigatse (Tashilunpo Monastery)-Geding (60km) Camp
- Day 12 Geding-Younongla Pass (53km) Camp
- Day 13 Younongla-Lhatse (44km) 1N at simple Lhatse Hotel
- Day 14 Lhatse-Gyatsola Pass (80km) Camp
- Day 15 Gyatsola – Shekar (30km) 1N at simple Mt. Everest Hotel
- Day 16 Shegar-Pang La Camp
- Day 17 Pang La-Rongpuk Monastery Camp
- Day 18 Rest and exploration day at Rongbuk and Everest Base Camp Camp
- Day 19 Rongbuk-Old Tingri Camp
- Day 20 Old Tingri-Nyalam Camp
- Day 21 Nyalam-Milarepa Cave-Zhangmu (30km) 1N at simple Zhangmu Hotel
- Day 22 Pick up from Kodari Our clients will ride a cycle guide will accompany them in a Vehicle. Dinner and Overnight at Dhulikel.
- Day 23 After breakfast Ride to Kathmandu. 1N
- Day 24 Departure Transfer to Airport
Cost & Dates
- Local expert Mt. Bike guide.
- Accommodation in Dhood Gu or similar in Lhasa, best available in Gyantse and Shigatse including breakfast, rest of the places guesthouse and tented camping.
- Breakfast only during hotel stays. Full board at guesthouses and camping.
- 4WD land cruiser jeep.
- Support truck for luggage, gears and supplies.
- Cook and kitchen helps.
- Tibet entry permits and sightseeing admission fees.
Price Doesn’t Include
- Personal mountain bikes and bike gears.
- Lunch & dinner during Hotel stay in Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse.
- Flight into Lhasa and out of Kathmandu.
- Airport tax.
- Hotels & sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- Travel Insurance.
- All expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tip, laundry, phone etc.
- Nepal re-entry visa.
- Any cost incurred in emergency evacuation due to any natural calamity or any unforeseen events.