Mountain Biking in Tibet, covers Cultural highlights of Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse.Spectacular Everest north side and base camp with monastery Rongbuk.
Breathtaking is perhaps an understatement when describing this bike trip linking two of the world’s most exotic capital cities. We will begin this odyssey after four days in Lhasa, which will enable you to acclimate and visit many of the city’s beautiful temples and palaces. Monastery towns line our route as we travel westward parallel to the towering Himalayan Range, camping alongside nomads and their families.
Through the course of our journey we will negotiate six high mountain passes, reaching elevations of almost 18,000 feet. An unforgettable descent will bring us from the rocky Tibetan Plateau down into the lush green landscape of Nepal.
- Potala Palace, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Jorkhang Temple and
- Barkhor Street.
- Yamdrok Tso Lake
- Gyantse-Pelkor Chode, Kumbum Stupa and Gyantse Dzong.
- Shigatse-Shalu Monastery and Tashilunbo Monastery.
- Rongbuk Monastery and Everest Base camp.
- Views of the Himalayas from high passes.