Nepal Tibet overland Tours starts in Kathmandu, after few days city tour of Kathmandu and completion of Tibet visa process drive to border through friendship highway. It is overland tours both in Nepal and Tibet, you are going to be one week in Tibet, explore the high Himalayas, ancient town of Lhasa, Potala palace, Tibetans culture and history with our top guides. Nepal and Tibet the Highest land on the earth, Both countries called together as Himalayan kingdom , Kathmandu and Lhasa are most commonly visited as a two weeks tours.
This Nepal Tibet overland Tours is starting and ending in Kathmandu, Kathmandu is the entering points to Himalayan Region. Nepal and Tibet Tour leads us through high valleys, traditional Villages and high spectacular. Explore the mountain Villages. On the way to the Lhasa we pass Buddhist monasteries with the views of Himalayas getting closer every day.
• Admire the ancient Palaces, Stupas & Temples of Kathmandu valley in Nepal.
• Fly over Mt. Everest and the Himalaya Range between Nepal and Tibet.
• Explore the highlights of the Tibet heartland around Lhasa , Potala palace of Dalai Lama.
Best time to visit this trip is April till October due to weather in high altitude.
We process Tibet, China visa with original passport, it is 2 full working days task. Need to arrive in Kathmandu in good time of the week, like if you arrive between Sunday – Tuesday visa will be ready on timely schedule without loosing extra days. If you arrive on Friday we need to wait until Monday to apply. On the Tibet visa form need to mention all the information correctly in CAPITAL letters.
We can do Tibet overland tour from Kathmandu or Lhasa all around the year except February and March.
Flexible Itinerary of Nepal Tibet Tour
Tibet overland small group tour starts every Saturday, and private tour starts everyday.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu city
After arrival in Kathmandu pick up and transfer to hotel. Short tour of monkey temple swyambhunath stupa over 2600 years old.
Day 02: Kathmandu tour while Tibet visa processing today you will have full day to explore the Kathmandu valley, visit Bhaktapur an old town
Day 03: Kathmandu (1300m) – Kerung border (3750M) 156KM, approx 08 hrs drive
After breakfast in the hotel , Early morning scenic drive through the typically beautiful Nepalese country side to Kodari (Nepal – Tibet border), on arrival at Kodari you will go through the immigration formalities in Nepal Immigration and check into the Chinese side for Chinese immigration formalities and drive to Zhangmu and further to Nyalam.
Day 04: Kerung–Tingri (4350M), 244km, approx drive 07-08 hrs.
Day drive to the highest plateau of the world with typical landscape offering the sheer feeling of being on the roof of the world crossing over the 5,050 meters LALUNGA pass, from where you can view the breathtaking mountain range from Mt.Cho Oyu (8,201m) to Mt.Xishapagma ( 8,012m) dwarfed by the vastness of Tibetan plateau (if weather permits). One can also take a magnificent view of Mt. Everest (8,848m) from Tingri/ Lhatse.
Day 05:Tingri /Lhatse – Sigatse (3,900M), 244km , approx 06-08 hrs drive.
Scenic drive through the highest point, Gyatchu La pass (5,220m) en route to Lhasa via Latse.
Day 06: Sigatse – Gyante (3,950M), 90km,approx 2hrs drive
Morning site seeing to the Panchen Lama’s Tashilumpu Monastery. Drive through the Tibet’s biggest Agricultural field to Gyantse and visit to the Kumbum Stupa & Palkor Monastery .
DAY 07: Gyante – Lhasa (3650m):261 km.
Full day picturesque drive along the turquoise lake Yamadrok, crossing over Kampala Pass (4794M) and the Brahma Putra river (Yarlung Tsangpo).
DAY 08-09: Lhasa Tour
Two full days sightseeing tour to Lhasa including Jokhang temple, Barkhor Bazaar, Potatla place,Deprung and Sera monasteries
Day 10: Lhasa – Kathmandu/ Chengdu/ Beijing
Early morning drive to Gongaar airport for departure flight to your on ward destination.
Land cost will be charged in USD Per Person and it covers the services mentioned below, for price please Ask Us Now, and please mention the standard of hotel which you want to use.
Nepal Tour 02 Nights | Tibet Tour 07 nights | Tibet Visa & Permit | Kathmandu-Lhasa-Kathmandu Airfare (Subject to Change)
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis in star standards Hotels both in Tibet and Nepal
• Daily breakfast in the hotel in Nepal and Tibet
• All ground transfers and sightseeing by Private Land cruiser in Tibet and
• Private car in Nepal.
• English speaking local guides.
• Sightseeing admission fees.
• Tibet Permit,Tibet Visa
Cost does not Include
• Meals other than indicated.
• Nepal Visa $25 each.
• Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tipping, laundry, phone etc.
• All Lunches and dinners.
• Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events such as flight delay, cancellation, trip interruption due to inclement weather, civil unrest etc.
• Emergency medical transportation.
• Travel insurance.
• International air fares.
• International fares are quoted separately.
Visa and Permit
◦ We need to have your passport copy and one photograph by scan and Passport should be valid for 6 months more at the time of travel.
◦ Tibet visa and Tibet travel permit also pre process by us. If you are going to Tibet from Nepal, Chinese visa must be issued from Nepal. if you plan to enter china from your home please get china visa from your country.
Nepal visa is available at the airport. You need USD 25 cash and one photograph for Nepal visa 15 days multiple entry. for 30 days need USD 40 per person
Ask us for Tibet Visa Form
Kathmandu-Lhasa- Kathmandu flight operates everyday.