Including old Lhasa city and Kathmandu valley, covers most remote and ancient monuments. our expert local group leaders are by your side at all times to guarantee your comfort. spiritual experience, significant monuments and breath-taking panoramas will be a lifetime trip.
Tibet Nepal Tours can be started either from Lhasa or Kathmandu then we take a over land trip or even you can do fly in fly out tours of Tibet. It can be covered driving by jeep to Everest base camp (optional) along the highland roads and ends in Kathmandu or Lhasa depending how you want, it is absolutely flexible plan.
Nepal Tibet tour is organized in a comfortable land cruisers 4 wheel drive, following the Himalayan friendship highway passing through the most amazing landscapes on this planet and using the typical traditional cultural hotels in Nepal and Tibet. We will go through Tibetan settlements, nomadic herdsmen wandering across the wide arid plains and awe-inspiring mountain peaks. Equally as fascinating is the wealth of cultural interest and we will have plenty of opportunity to explore this side of Tibet, both in Lhasa and the other towns we pass through on our journey.
Nepal visa is available on arrival, bring 2 passport size photos. for Nepal immigration visit this link
Tibet visa we arrange for you if you enter Tibet from Nepal.
• Admire the ancient Palaces, Stupas & Temples of Kathmandu valley in Nepal.
• Fly over Mt. Everest and the Himalaya Range between Nepal and Tibet.
• Explore the highlights of the Tibet heartland around Lhasa , Potala palace of Dalai Lama.
Trip Facts – 13 days Trip
• Tour Cost: Ask tour expert
• Group Size: 1+ , private tours or small group tours
• Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
• Tour Grade: Moderate
• Trip Type: Popular
• Highlights: Potala Palace, lhasa, Everest, Kathmandu
• Highest Altitude: 4980m/16,600ft,
• Activities: Cultural Sightseeing Tour, Easy walking
• Accommodation: Hotels & Resorts with your Budget
• Start From: Lhasa, (Tibet)
• End In: Kathmandu (Nepal)
Flexible Itinerary of Tibet Nepal Tour
Day 01- Arrival in Lhasa Tibet (Alt 3,595m/11,792ft).
Upon arrival at Lhasa airport, you are met by our Tibetan Guide transferred to the hotel in the city of Lhasa. Take rest for acclimatization. You might experience some mild symptoms of altitude sickness. Drink plenty of water.Overnight in Lhasa at Kyichu Hotel or Shambala palace or hotel of your choice and Budget.
Day 02- Lhasa sightseeing tour.
Full day sightseeing of Lhasa, visiting Potala Palace-probably the principal target of most of the Visitors, Sera Monastery-the last of the three Yellow Sect monasteries to be built in Lhasa and the tour concludes in Norbulinka – the summer palace of the Dalai Lama. Overnight in Lhasa at Kyichu Hotel or Shambala palace.
Day 03- Lhasa Tour.
Today, you will visit Drepung Monastery-the largest, richest and the most powerful of the three major Yellow Sect monasteries of Tibet, the ancient Jorkhang Temple in the old Tibetan quarter of Lhasa and the Barkhor Street that forms the pilgrim circuit around the JorkhangTemple.potala palace tibet tour Overnight in Lhasa at Kyichu Hotel
Day 04- Lhasa-Gyantse (13467ft, 176miles, 6 ½ hrs)
Drive to Gyantse-the least Chinese influenced city along the highway. The journey involves crossing of two high passes Kamba La (15,700 ft) and Karo La (16,500ft) and the follows the bank of Yamdrok Tso Lake for more than 40 miles. Check in hotel and take rest for the day. Overnight in Gyantse at Jianzang Hotel
Day 05- Gyantse-Shigatse (12,785ft, 57miles, 2 ½ hrs) (B)
Visit the highlights of Gyantse such as Pelkor Chode Monastery and Kumbum Stupa. From the stupa, take rickshaw ride back to the parking and drive back to the hotel. Collect your luggage and set out for Shigatse. Check in hotel and after refreshment, visit the famous Tashilunbo Monastery-the principal seat of Panchen Lama the second most venerated religious leader of Tibet. Overnight in Shigatse at Manasarovar Hotel
Day 06- Shigatse-Sakya- Shegar (4050m/13500ft, 182km/121miles, 5 hrs) (B)
Drive to Shegar, also known as New Tingri enroute visit Sakya monastery. The journey involves Crossing of two high passes Tropu La (16,236 ft) and Gyatso La (17,122 ft). Check in hotel and take rest for a while. Later visit the ruins of historic Shegar Dzong, once the capital of Tingri region. If time permits, visit hegar Chode Monastery, which is a small Gelugpa institution. Overnight in Shegar at Qomolongma Hotel.
Day 07- Shegar- Dza Rongbuk Monastery. (4980m/16,600ft, 63km/42miles, 2hrs) (B)
Drive from Shegar to Dza Rongbuk Monastery in the morning. The journey involves driving over Pang La (5120m/16,794 ft) that rewards you with the views of several 8 thousanders like Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu and Mount Everest. The journey mostly goes through dirt road, passing through several picturesque villages. Upon arrival, check in a guesthouse or monastery accommodation and after refreshment; take an hour walk trek to the Everest Base Camp (5200m/17,333ft). The driver will pick you up at the base camp and drive you back to Rongbuk. Overnight in Rongbuk at Everest View Hotel.
Day 08- Rongbuk-EBC- Zhangmu. (250 km, 8 hrs) (B)
Drive along the Friendship Highway. You will cross two high passes Lablung La ( 5, 124m) and Tong La ( 5, 120m) and have the last views of Mount Everest, Sishapangma and Cho Oyu. Then the road drops to Nyalam-the last Tibetan town where you may stop for some refreshment. The road drops sharply along the bank of a river. Upon arrival in Zhangmu-the last Chinese frontier town, check in hotel and take rest. Overnight in Zhangmu at Caiyuan Hotel
Day 09- Zhangmu-Dhulikhel (100 km 3 hrs) (B)
After breakfast at your hotel, queue up in Chinese immigration and customs for the last border formalities. From here, Nepal border is about 20 minutes drive down hill. At the Friendship Bridge, pick up by Nepali guide from border and drive to Dhulikhel. It’s a steep descent towards the border as we leave the barren landscape behind and begin to see more vegetation, eventually turning to forest. Crossing the Friendship Bridge, we enter Nepal past villages and fields. Overnight in Dhulikhel at Dhulikhel Lodge Resort.
Day 10- Dhulikhel – Bhaktapur – Kathmandu (32 km 1.5 hrs) (B)
Sightseeing of Chandesori Temple, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, The Golden Gate, The Palace of Fifty five Windows and continue drive to Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu at Tibet Guest house/SimilarBouddhanath-stupa-kathmandu-Nepal
Day 11- Explore the Kathmandu (B)
Kathmandu, Swayambhunath, Patan and Kathmandu
Sightseeing of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Kumari Chowk, Dhaksinkali Temple, Swayambhunath the golden stupa Patan’s Durbar Square.Overnight in Kathmandu at Tibet Guest house / Similar
Day 12- Explore the Kathmandu valley (B)
Kathmandu-Pasupatinath-Boudhanath-Kathmandu Sightseeing of Pashupatinath Shiva temple the holistic Hindu temple dedicated to lord shiva. You are continuing drive to Boudhanath Stupa one of the giant Stupa in the world. Overnight in Kathmandu at Tibet Guest house/Similar
Day 13- Departure (B)
After breakfast in the hotel transfer to airport for flight to home
Land cost will be charged in USD Per Person and it covers the services mentioned below, for price please Ask Us Now, and please mention the standard of hotel which you want to use.
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Twin room in each listed hotels per above itinerary or choice of your hotels.
• Daily breakfast in the hotels.
• All land transportation as on the itinerary.
• Gyantse Sigatse Shegar Rongbok EBC Zhangmu excursion by 4500 model land Cruiser.
• English speaking local Tibetan guide in Tibet and Nepali guide in Nepal.
• Sightseeing admission fees.
• Tibet Permit.
• Tibet Border to Kathmandu transfer.
Cost does not Include
• Meals other than indicated. (All lunches and dinners).
• Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tipping, laundry, phone etc.
• Nepal visa fee $25 per person- in USD Cash. please bring your PP size photos along with you.
• Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events such as flight delay, cancellation, trip interruption due to inclement weather, civil unrest etc.
• Emergency medical transportation.
• Travel insurance.
• International air fares. Passport, Visa and Permits.
• Passport should be valid for 6 months more at the time of travel.
• Nepal visa can be obtained upon your arrival in the border. You are required to complete visa application and attach two passport size photographs $25 each.
• Tibet permit also pre process by us with copies of your main land china visa and passport.
• Kathmandu-Lhasa- Kathmandu flight operates Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday only.
• Lhasa-Chengdu flight operates everyday.
Visa and Permit
• We need to have your passport copy and one photograph by scan and Passport should be valid for 6 months more at the time of travel.
• Tibet visa and Tibet travel permit also pre process by us. If you are going to Tibet from Nepal, Chinese visa must be issued from Nepal. if you plan to enter china from your home please get china visa from your country.
• Nepal visa is available at the airport. You need USD 25 cash and one photograph for Nepal visa 15 days multiple entry. for 30 days need USD 40 per person