Trip Overview of Punakha Festival Tours
Punakha festival tours Date (please ask us). Punakha Dromchoe is an annual festival introduced by Zhabdrung, the founder of united Bhutan to commemorate the victories over the Tibetans. During the festival, the ‘pazaps’ or local militia men, dressed in battle gear showcase a battle scene of this distant past recalling the days when in the absence of a standing army, men from the village blocks of Thimphu came forward and managed to expel the Tibetan forces out of the country ushering in a new-found internal peace and stability.
Trip highlights of Punakha festival tours
- Paro: Drugyal Dzong, National Museum (Ta Dzong), Paro Rinpung Dzong, Farm
- Houses and Takstang Monastery famed as Tiger’s Nest
- Haa Valley
- Thimphu: Memorial Chorten, National Library, Arts School, Textile Museums,
- Handicraft Emporiums, Phajoding, Week-end market.
- Dochula Pass with spectacular views.
- Punakha and Wangdue Dzongs and Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten
- Gangtey Gompa and Phobjka Valley
- Punakha Tsechu
- Punakha Tsechu
Best tours in Himalaya Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour, Bhutan culture tour and Everest base camp trekking. Special Nepal Tibet and Bhutan tour package.
A typical day in this trip:
you will visit the King’s Memorial Chorten (built-in memory of the third King of Bhutan who reigned from 1952-1972), Changgangkha Monastery, the radio tower (for a great view of Thimphu Valley and the Thimphu Dzong), and the zoo, which contains the national animal of Bhutan: the takin. From there you will visit the nunnery temple, the National Library (which houses ancient manuscripts), and the School of Arts and Crafts (also known as the painting school). After a relaxing lunch, you will visit the National Institute of Traditional Medicine, a traditional paper factory, the majestic Tashichodzong. In the evening you can explore Thimphu town.