Royal trek is a quite easy, short trek that starts near Pokhara and offers good mountain views. It gained this name because Prince Charles of Wales and an entourage of 90 guests, camp followers and staff trekked in this route. The trek is not so popular one, so you will see few other trekkers.
- Day 1 Pokhara- Bijayapur-Kalikasthan A 20 minutes taxi drive from Pokhara brings you to Bijaypur Army Camp, 100 past of which is the trekking starting point. The trail starts in the rice fields and climbs gently along a ridge top through Brahman and Chhetri villages towards Kalikasthan at 1370m.You will have excellent views of Machapuchhre and Annapurna.
- Day 2 Kalikasthan-Shaklung You will follow the forested ridge top through Thulokot to Mathi Thana. After a short climb, you will reach Naudanda. On continuing along the ridge to a school at Lipini village and making a steep but short climb through forests, you will arrive to the Gurung Village of Shaklung at 1730m.
- Day 3 Shaklung to Chisopani From Shaklung, the trail drops steeply down the south side of the hill to a large tree, a chautara, several teashops and a police check post as well.Then the trail climbs towards Chisopani, winding around the back of the Hill to the village.
- Day 4 Chisopani-Begnas Bazar-Pokhara You will descend from the ridge top of Chisopani steeply into a small valley and a stream that feeds Rupa Tal. You will continue through rice fields and make a final ascent to the ridge that separates Begnas Tal and Rupa Tal. From the ridge, you will descend into the Pokhara Valley, joining the road at the crowded Begnas Bazar. From here, taxi or a bus for 30 minute drives back to Pokhara.
Cost & Dates of Royal Trek
- Arrival transfer, 2-3 star category hotels with breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- A full day sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide
- Transportation from Kathmandu- Besi Sahar and Pokhara- Kathmandu by regular bus, for single pax- 1 guide cum porter other wise 1 porter for each 2 trekkers and 1 guide for above 2 pax
- Accommodation and meals in lodges & route
- Annapurna conservation fee, crew insurance.
Price Doesn’t Include during Royal Trek
- Nepal visa
- Travel Health Insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Expenses of personal nature like drinks and tip
- Expenses due to nature or any unforeseen disturbances beyond our control, personal trekking gears.