15 magical photographs of the Himalayan kingdom that will inspire you to pack your bags!
To the northeast of India on the edge of the great Himalayas lies a stunning Buddhist country which is fast becoming the envy of other tourist spots in Asia. Welcome to Bhutan – the happiest place on Earth! Famous for its concept of Gross National Happiness, Bhutan is the best place to visit when you want to break away from the monotony of a hectic, stressful lifestyle. Often considered an offbeat destination to include in your itinerary, Bhutan can surprise you with all that it has to offer.
For starters, Bhutan is full of greenery as it is required by law to keep more than 60 per cent of the country forested. Be it the natural beauty of the spectacular Himalayas and wide rice-field landscapes or the stunning architecture of age-old monasteries and houses, Bhutan is a treat for your eyes, body and soul. It also makes for a beautiful pilgrim destination for those with a religious inclination. Add to this the hospitality of the locals and the cuteness of the kids here and what you get is an irresistible holiday destination easily accessible from India.
These breathtakingly beautiful pictures of Bhutan give you a glimpse of this wonderland and entice you to visit it at the earliest!
1. Houses in the middle of beautiful green rice fields
2. The famous Takstang monastery
3. Punakha Dzongor the palace of great happiness
4. The capital city of Thimpu
5. The colorful Drupchen festival
6. The Thimphu Tshechu festival in Bhutan
7. The beautiful palace of great happiness – Punakha Dzonga
8. The Tamchoe Monastery in Paro province
9. A house in the hills – Thimpu
10. The stunning Dochu La pass with 108 chortens
11. Paro airport in Bhutan with a Druk air flight – the only airline that was allowed to land in Bhutan till 2010
12. A bridge over the Wang Chu river in Thimpu
13. Performers at the Drupchen festival
14. A yak in Bhutan
15. Rice fields in the Paro valley